Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2 4runners down 4 count or not, pls help

picdaddy
10-30-2004, 06:11 PM
2 runners 87 with 22r and 90 w/ 3.0, the 87 just had a head gasket job done and at first it ran kinda rough and would not rev above 2800 rpms i took to dealership and they said scanner could not pic anything up so then thet tore the topend down and said the valves were a little tight they loosened and put bak together and said it now would not rev above 3500 rpms, so i picked it up and it ran ok 4 like 3 miles then would not rev above 200o rpms, it then died and would not run on its own again, heres the weird thing after it died i removed the key and the battery charge light and check engine light stayed on but kinda dim the vehicle has new headgasket, cap, rotor, wires, plugs

the 90 3.0 (auto)my shifter was loose and it would clunk into gear hard when it was cold now it wont move but when u put in d or r it tries but it feels like its not engaging all the way

any comments would greatly be appriciated

-HaVoC-
10-31-2004, 12:28 AM
You've gotta marry a chick whose dad owns a foreign autos repair facility :D

picdaddy
10-31-2004, 09:43 AM
lol

forest_grump
11-26-2004, 05:35 AM
On the 87 I would make sure timing is not a tooth off,timing set right,plugs clean and firing(see if it has spark,and do a compression check...and check for corroded and/or loose conections..are all the injectors (ticking)working???Check for corrosion in wires that plug into injectors,AFS,TPS,Ign... ect ect ect

forest_grump
11-26-2004, 05:38 AM
On the 90 V6 model....Have you inspected tranny fluid to see if burnt and tranny fluid level while in park and engine running?(wipe and check several times as it is too tricky to see correct level on first try to trust)Goodluck ....

Add your comment to this topic!