Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My headliner is sagging in my Blazer

a1500ram
10-30-2004, 12:30 PM
I saw this link on ebay and wanted a second opinion to see if this is a good value? Please tell me what you think!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7931404206&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

My S10 Pick up has the same problem what about this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7931349911&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

This guy said I could combine shipping for only $12.50 anywhere here in the U. S.

Is this a good deal?

Dave_Calif
10-30-2004, 02:52 PM
The headliner was sagging in my Camaro and I went out looking for some sort of material to put up in its place that would look OK.

I went to "Joanne's", a fabric store in California and was amazed to find they had actual headliner material (with foam backing). I bought and installed it and it looks great. If I recall the material cost me $10-15 and then I used the 3M spray glue at Home Depot for another $10.

I strongly recommend the 3M spray glue (adhesive) and let it dry before you put it back up. I bought a can of spray glue from Joanne's, and put it up too soon, and then had to take it back down and use the 3M glue.

If you don't have Joanne's then maybe another fabric store might. The first salesperson I spoke too didn't know they had it, but someone who appeared to work there for quite some time said I know what you need.

I'd recommend buying locally so you can match the color etc.

OverBoardProject
10-30-2004, 11:57 PM
Hey Dave Calif do you mind telling us how you cleaned off the old, junky foam like material without damaging the rest of the headliner.

Thanks

Dave_Calif
10-31-2004, 08:16 AM
I just used a wire brush (not too stiff) while still in the car (so it had a somewhat hard backing). There were some spots where it dug in a little but not enought to notice with the new hearliner. I then vacuumed and blew out the car with my Shopvac as it makes a huge mess. Then when I took it out I was able to get the remaining edges. Mine was really rotted away pretty bad so most came off easily, but indeed some spots I had to brush harder and be careful doing it.

BlazerLT
10-31-2004, 12:06 PM
spary adhesive with the small tube on the spray nozzle.

Poke a very tiny hole in the sagging healiner near the sides, stick the hose in, spray the area lightly with the adhesive and glue the liner back up.

Very easy and chep.

BTW, work from the center to the sides.

OverBoardProject
11-03-2004, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the tips Dave_Calif.

BlazerLT I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard and read that that method works with small sags, but not bigger sags. I know that the headliner that I took out of my Blazer had a lot of foam like material flaking off so your method probably wouldn't have worked.... Have you tried your method on a badly sagging headliner, and did it work for you?

BlazerLT
11-03-2004, 02:41 AM
Yes, I tried it on my old car and it worked well.

Just work from the center out to the edges.

lckycharm713
11-03-2004, 09:40 AM
The headliner was sagging in my Camaro and I went out looking for some sort of material to put up in its place that would look OK.

I went to "Joanne's", a fabric store in California and was amazed to find they had actual headliner material (with foam backing). I bought and installed it and it looks great. If I recall the material cost me $10-15 and then I used the 3M spray glue at Home Depot for another $10.

I strongly recommend the 3M spray glue (adhesive) and let it dry before you put it back up. I bought a can of spray glue from Joanne's, and put it up too soon, and then had to take it back down and use the 3M glue.

If you don't have Joanne's then maybe another fabric store might. The first salesperson I spoke too didn't know they had it, but someone who appeared to work there for quite some time said I know what you need.

I'd recommend buying locally so you can match the color etc.
i did the same thing on my camaro. just i used black vinyl and put chevy bow ties behind it to give a 3D pop out look. came out sweet.

movin2stereo
11-04-2004, 06:37 PM
I just used a wire brush (not too stiff) while still in the car (so it had a somewhat hard backing). There were some spots where it dug in a little but not enought to notice with the new hearliner. I then vacuumed and blew out the car with my Shopvac as it makes a huge mess. Then when I took it out I was able to get the remaining edges. Mine was really rotted away pretty bad so most came off easily, but indeed some spots I had to brush harder and be careful doing it.
I have used this method also.You have to get that foam crap off the backing so the fabric can stick.Make sure you use a good adhesive.I tried some cheap shit before and it worked untill the sun came out and heated up the car and down came the liner.

Add your comment to this topic!