Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 jimmy heater core

gibby1977
10-30-2004, 02:15 AM
whats the best way to get to it?......how long do you think it will take?

BlazerLT
10-30-2004, 02:38 AM
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/18/be/55/0900823d8018be55.jsp

BobcatAZ
10-30-2004, 08:57 AM
Because I'm old and don't bend very well anymore and I needed to fix the heater/defroster air door, I removed the entire dash. It wasn't as hard as I thought. Took my time and hunted down all of the electrical connections, disconnected the battery and air bag connections first. Removed a couple of bolts on each side of the dash and about a half dozen screws under the defroster grill and pulled it out of the vehicle. Took about half a day to get it out, because of it being the first time, and it went back in a couple of hours.
Just an idea. Have fun. :uhoh:
BobcatAZ.

bearcatdon
10-30-2004, 09:19 AM
The link isn’t correct at least for my 94 Jimmy old body style. I’ve changed mine twice and it’s a pain in the butt…….like anything else under the dash. Mine was located on the passenger side. There is a core for the old style like mine about $25.00 and new style about $80.00. My guess is that the instructions are for the new style. I had to remove the glove box, dash trim, radio, and the lower panels to access mine. There was a screw in the top right hand corner of the heater core case that was a bear to get to. I never did put it back in. It probably took me about 3 hours the first time being that I had to take my time and find all the screws.

Add your comment to this topic!