Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'00 Civic EX vs '04 Prius

Jas_M
10-29-2004, 01:32 AM
So i'm waiting at a stoplight when some dude rolls up and starts revving at me...in a freakin' Prius! I slyly look over, and he's eyeballing me like he wants to race. I chuckle to myself and think 'Yeah, right.' My car is bone stock, so it's not as if i've got some NA beast of a car or anything like that. But, c'mon, it's a Prius that's revving.
his guy keeps it up for a good 15 seconds or so. Meanwhile, the light for the cross traffic has changed to yellow, and now red. The turn arrow for our section comes on, and this guy is still revving. Ok, i think, what the hell? Just go for it. The light turns green, and we're off. Well, as fast as a Prius and a stock Civic can go, which isn't very fast. Nevertheless, it wasn't close. I walked all over him, as they say.
Nothing impressive, and i certainly don't feel cool. I just thought it was funny that a Prius would try and race.

jmrev
10-29-2004, 01:26 PM
A Prius... a hybrid???? He tried to what???.... Man you should of rolled down your window and just laughed at him and told him what he’s driving.

Schister66
11-07-2004, 01:35 PM
He wanted to race a Prius? Thats like racing a Geo Metro with an over sized RC car electric motor in it. I would have lost because i would be laughing so hard that the tears would've blurred my vision.

integraboy_2007
11-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Man you should have been nice to the guy in the prius and gave him a 10 second head start so he have at least a slim chance.

civicrida2000
11-08-2004, 08:54 AM
thas carzy at that point i would make him look like a fool by doing dounuts around him and st ill runing him just to add insult to injury..lol :loser:

97CivicX
11-08-2004, 02:22 PM
my friends mom has a prius. you cannot "rev" the engine.. it hums. lol sadly enough we actually beat a civic down a hill with 4 people in the prius. dont ask how, but we did.

pikkagtr
11-10-2004, 03:28 AM
well maybe he wanted to race you until one of you guys run out of gas
im sure he'll walk all over YOU ...wink wink
haha

Add your comment to this topic!