Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Enzo paint issue

Verminator
10-28-2004, 07:10 AM
Not being one to comply with the norm I have painted my Enzo metalic blue, however for those that have built one you know the bodywork comes as a miriad of seperate panels that go together to make the full shell. My problem is twofold in that I have realised upon assembly of the said panels that the small roof insert has come out a different shade to all the other panels, whether due to missing it on one of the many passes with the paint or the clear coat I dont know. the problem is i'm out of the paint and don't realy fancy starting all over again anyway. I have concidered decaling either just this panel or the whole roof with carbon fibre or using a multi width silver decal I have down the centre of the entire model rather like the Dodge Viper etc. Anyone with any other suggestions please comment.

Tikiman
10-28-2004, 07:33 AM
Can't you get a new can of paint and just paint the roof again until it is right?

freakray
10-28-2004, 07:46 AM
I like the idea of making the panel C/F.

sjelic
10-28-2004, 07:48 AM
CF idea sounds good to me. I would go with entire roof so you will have like bridge between front and rear window if you polish it to high shine it could look like sunroof. Just wild guess since this part is very thin it is maybe because of that, if your part is lighter then the rest try to paint it black from in side and see if this does the trick, it is a long shot but worth to try.

Add your comment to this topic!