Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

d16y8 vtec SOUND!!!

crabby760
10-27-2004, 02:42 AM
my friend has a 99 civic ex he has aem cold air intake/dc header his vtec screams like a b16a and i've heard other ones sound that way too

well i got a 97 ex with custom cold air and dc header and apex world sport 2 exhaust wich is quite like stock.... i hear my vtec but its no where near the sound of his... mine is quite his screams.... anyone know why? is it the intake?

if so is the aem v2 cold air good for sound?

civickiller
10-27-2004, 02:23 PM
does your friend have an exhaust or is it stock because u never mentioned it.

one day you should borrow your friends intake just for the day and see if with his intake your vtec screams, and if it does then you know its your intake and you better go buy a aem cold air, if its not then well your SOL as far as intake wise. you could get a cam, with the more radical vtec lobe you should hear vtec more

CivicSpoon
10-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Or just get a cheap e-bay 3" short ram and it will scream. I bought one off a guy who had it on his EX and the thing was/is loud as hell. When vtec kicked in, it was louder than any b16 I've heard. And now in my car (on a tiny little CX motor) w/no exhaust or header; the thing is still really loud. I can't even hear my stereo on #12 when I have the pedal to the floor. But don't get the V2, it way too much $ to spend on an intake jsut to get better sound.

Ace$nyper
10-27-2004, 03:26 PM
so your wanting your car to be loud why?

caues a stock quiet b16 will still spank you like a school girl ooooo sexy school girl *drools*

pretty much all intakes the same just get a cheapie you'll be set

Add your comment to this topic!