Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 Le Sabre rear passenger window install!!!!?????

leesee67
10-26-2004, 11:40 PM
I have a 1995 Buick Le Sabre, I broke the rear little triangle window, I got a replacement really cheap and it looks easy enough to install. NOT!!! Anyone got any clues on how to slip this sucker in???

10-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Those little suckers are not something I'd want to install. I end up breaking it and calling it something that rhymes "little sucker."

I believe the window is actually glued to the rubber border piece, which is glued to the door. The interior plastic pieces are glued to the door frame... well glued. I know I've tried it before, and I gave up when I found glue.

I'm pretty sure it involves glue. I hate glue.

leesee67
10-27-2004, 12:28 AM
I almost got it in. I am about 1/4 inch away from having it all the way in. Should I take the panel off or just keep sliding it back and forth til it goes? I am going to give it one more good try then i will have it installed. I have had it done before and window plus labor $150.00 I got the window for ten BUCKS!!!

10-27-2004, 12:30 AM
Sliding it back and forth? Take the panel off? Are you installing the window that goes up and down or the little piece of glass that is glued in place?

leesee67
10-27-2004, 12:34 AM
little one

leesee67
10-27-2004, 12:35 AM
that little triangle one

10-27-2004, 01:13 AM
I don't think taking the panel off is going to do you any good. Now if it was the main window, then yeah. But I'm pretty sure there isn't any access to that part of the door from within. If there is, you'll have to remove the main window and guide rail to get to it.

I have no idea how to get that thing in. If it was me, I would of torn the weather stripping off the outside of the frame. It sounds like you're a whole lot farther along. If there's room to jiggle it, and it looks like it should go... it probably will... eventually. It's just a matter of jiggling it the right way.

If not... there's always the old standby. Innocently call the place the replaced it last time, and ask them how to do it. (Something like "I was wondering what all it entails to have the rear triangle shaped window on a 95 LeSabre replaced?" Then ask them all sorts of detailed questions so they end up just explaining how to do it so you'll let them get off the phone.)

---In reference to your comment about having had it done before.---

See... this is why I always sneak into the service area whenever I let anyone work on my car. 1) Because I'm nosey. 2) Because I'm paranoid. 3) Because I want to see how they do it so I can do it myself the next time. (Plus, if they know you are watching, they tend to do things the right way.)

When I had the windsheild replaced in my 95, I went and bought my own for like $50. (Rather than pay $300-$500 for someone else to get one.) Contrary to what one might think, a 95 LeSabre windshield does not fit in the passenger compartment of a 95 LeSabre. At least... not in any good way. (Then again, I had a drivers door in the trunk and drove 20 miles home.)

Problem was, I had to call literally 20 different installers before I found one willing to install the window. Auto Glass Russ, who has a yellow van that says the same. (Every other place told me they did not have any interest in talking to me unless I was going to buy a windshield from them.)

Auto Glass Russ did it for $50 (which is what the 3 32oz tubes of high-viscosity windshield adhesive [i.e. super tar] he used would of cost me). AND I got to watch! Hell, he even let me get into his tool box and grab a Torx to change out the rear view mirror.

That's who I'd tell you to go see if you lived in my area.

Add your comment to this topic!