Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Help w/ new Stereo

real_madridcf
10-26-2004, 10:37 AM
I had taken the stereo from the gst and put it into the n/a, and i finally called to get the stereo code. Well i called one of the dealers ashal mentioned (thanks man), and got it. So the stereo seems to work fine but no sound is coming out of the speakers. Does anyone know if this is a general prob? Cuz the stereo itself works perfectly fine, when i put a cd in it reads it and all but no sound. I'll try to play around w/ it a little more today as well.

Any help is appreciated!

duckydsp
10-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Did you make sure everything in the back is plugged in? You should check all of the wires and make sure they are matched up.

george536
10-26-2004, 03:33 PM
umm what about the volume :lol: j/k

it should only do that if the wires aint connected rite.

real_madridcf
10-26-2004, 06:39 PM
lol, I made sure all the wires are connnected right. Maybe i got a short circuit? :screwy: And yes George it tried turning the volume up. lol :iceslolan

duckydsp
10-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I think that it might be a short in one of your wires. You should check to see if your wires have power in them.

george536
10-28-2004, 12:26 AM
hey i need the stereo code for my stock tape player. where do i call? and what info do i give em? vin?

real_madridcf
10-28-2004, 07:24 AM
Ashal(ashah000), a while back, posted a few dealers that will do this for you. I personally called Moran Mitsubishi (248-353-0910). The guy only asked for my serial # on the stereo and 2 mins later he gave me the code... FOR FREE!! Other places might ask for the vin too.

GSTRacerNVUS
10-28-2004, 10:33 AM
If its not a short maybe its a bad fuse?

duckydsp
10-28-2004, 01:29 PM
If it was a fuse, power wire, or grounding wire then the stereo wouldn't turn on at all.
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that the stereo code should be under the stock player.

george536
10-28-2004, 05:31 PM
i got it here 805 650 8118

xavier3jr
10-28-2004, 07:27 PM
u didnt get the continuous power and ACC mixed up did u?

BlackShadowTSi
10-29-2004, 09:25 PM
i guess that you used the stock connector of the car (the white one with all the cables for the speakers and everything), but don't forget to connect the one that goes to the amplifier under the passenger sit (is a black cable with a connector similar to the ones of the old pc keyboards) , if you don't plug that one you will never hear anything.
And if you cut the cables of the N/A to put the same "white" connector of the gs-t check the pingout again.

duckydsp
10-29-2004, 10:59 PM
I've never used the one under the passenger seat and all of my stereo's worked fine. I was under the impression that it was for power seats or something like that.

BlackShadowTSi
10-29-2004, 11:23 PM
well i already had the same problem with the stereo of my last tsi awd,i had no sound till i plug that black connector

real_madridcf
02-21-2005, 07:55 PM
UPDATE:

This thread is from a while ago but if you can beleive it i havent got it fixed! Yup ive been driving around with no sound for a while now. I have a question about something someone told me. I talked to one of my automotive instructors about this problem. The thing is before i put the code in i had tried several other times with random # and after the 3rd try it said error and wouldnt let me try any more, unless i unplugged the system and replugged it.

My instructor told me that if you entered the code wrong 3 times that the error would occur and it would burn a fuse so that the player wouldnt work whatsoever!

Has anybody ever hear of anything like this? Any help is appreciated!

wuman82
02-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Well my friend, I want to say that your auto instructor is wrong. Entering the code wrong 3 times will only "lockup" your headunit, then you would have to let it sit untill it resets itself again, but if it allows you enter the code again and you have entered the right code then your headunit will work.
One problem I see and it has also been mention several posts above, you said you took out the headunit from your gst and put it in a n/t. I believe the headunit in the gst is the "premium" system right, that means it has the double din headunit connected to an amp connected to the speakers. If you moved the headunit to your n/t without the "premium" system, meaning if the headunit isn't plugged in to the amp then it'll have no power to power the speakers, and that might be the reason you can't hear anything.

UPDATE:

My instructor told me that if you entered the code wrong 3 times that the error would occur and it would burn a fuse so that the player wouldnt work whatsoever!

Has anybody ever hear of anything like this? Any help is appreciated!

real_madridcf
02-22-2005, 08:22 PM
thanks for the reply wuman. hmm..... your explanation seems to be the problem exactly. So is the only fix to also transfer the "premium" part of the system to, or is there a quick fix i could do?

wuman82
02-23-2005, 12:47 AM
you can take the amp out of your gst and put it in your GS. Or get an aftermarket headunit.

bighauns
02-23-2005, 01:20 AM
I would definately go with the aftermarket head unit. You will notice an improvement and it will be nice and easy to use as well.

Add your comment to this topic!