Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I got a 91 LS Teg...

DJHyperXK2004
10-26-2004, 08:38 AM
And want to swap out that engine that’s in the Teg with the pos in my civic.

Is it a good engine to swap in??? On the other hand, should I just sell the car and get another type of engine? The car only cost me 500 and comes with everything, including a rear disc upgrade as well for the civic

I just want to know if the B16a?? is that what’s in there, is a good motor to start with.. and while its out of the Teg, should i have anything done before installed into the civic

can these engines handle a small amount of boost, like 7-10 psi, nothing crazy

Id figure the teg guys over here might knows some stuff about there ls engines

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/692000-692999/692084_14_full.jpg

shyfty50
10-26-2004, 04:35 PM
First off the engine is a B18A1 - 130hp, 122lbs/tourque. Definatly a solid engine for boosting depending on its condtion, miles, etc. You prolly wanna do a compression test on it before you get into anything serious. Iv' seen stock B18A's run 12psi for 150,000+ mi with no problems but the engine was in pristine condition when he started.

DJHyperXK2004
10-26-2004, 06:21 PM
First off the engine is a B18A1 - 130hp, 122lbs/tourque. Definatly a solid engine for boosting depending on its condtion, miles, etc. You prolly wanna do a compression test on it before you get into anything serious. Iv' seen stock B18A's run 12psi for 150,000+ mi with no problems but the engine was in pristine condition when he started.

so what should i do with the engine while I have it out....its got a 140,000 miles on it
like, before putting it in the civic, should i have any thing done to it???
1,000 is my budget

some people said sell the teg for 3,000 and get an engine
but id figured that the one in the ls was good to build up

shyfty50
10-27-2004, 09:39 PM
140k is a bit steep, if you haven't already taken out the engine get a compression test done to check for leaks. However selling the teg and getting a brand new B18 and using the left over money to build and boost kinda sounds like a better idea than trying a 140k engine.:2cents: Any maintanance that needs to be done is alot easier while the engine is out seals, gaskets etc. Especially check the cam seal in front of the distributer as it likes to harden and leak in B-block engines. You also might want to check into seeing if the water pump, timing belt and timing belt tensioner have been replaced becasue those tend to go as well. Other than that I suggest cleaning every square inch of it before dropping it in.

Add your comment to this topic!