Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Amp Problems

Bikeman1010
10-25-2004, 08:52 PM
I was hooked up my compasitor, let it charge to 14 volts like i was suppose to. Turned on the deck to vol. 3 out of 35. The amp turned on and worked. But the second i turned it up any more it turned off. i thought it was because the compasitor wasnt charged enough. still didnt work. after getting really pissed off i unhooked the compasitor and wired back up the amp. But for some reason the amp wont turn on. I even got out the volt meter and i am getting power to the amp. i have no fuses blown and the amp wasnt hot at all. i even rechececked the remot switch all the was to the deck and it was fine. if anyone knows what seems to be wrong please write back

Haibane
10-25-2004, 09:42 PM
Try a larger remote wire... Where are you connecting the remote wire?

P.S. what is a compasitor? does it have compassion on your system for you?

TFFantasy44
10-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Hmm. If you can, take the cover off your amp and check to make sure its not blown, or if you have another amp, hook it up. Make sure the ground is okay too.

Bikeman1010
10-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Hmm. If you can, take the cover off your amp and check to make sure its not blown, or if you have another amp, hook it up. Make sure the ground is okay too.

I took the amp cover off and checked everything. It all seemed to be fine. i even smelt around for that burning smell and still no sign of it being blown. I checked the ground too and that was fine. i am officially confused on what it could be. i dont think u can burn out an amp from to little power, can you?

Bikeman1010
10-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Try a larger remote wire... Where are you connecting the remote wire?

P.S. what is a compasitor? does it have compassion on your system for you?

A compasitor is like another battery. when the bass hits it uses up alot of electricity. insted of the amp taking bursts of energy from the battery and the alternator it takes it from the compasitor. the compisator just draws constant energy insted of bursts. this relives stress on your compasitor and stops dimming head lights etc.

Abell255
10-26-2004, 05:24 PM
...wow hai, oh, a capacitor?

Haibane
10-26-2004, 06:08 PM
A compasitor is like another battery. when the bass hits it uses up alot of electricity. insted of the amp taking bursts of energy from the battery and the alternator it takes it from the compasitor. the compisator just draws constant energy insted of bursts. this relives stress on your compasitor and stops dimming head lights etc.
:iamwithst

torin2
10-28-2004, 12:24 AM
Wow

:banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!