Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tire pressure question

Huffa
10-25-2004, 06:24 PM
I just purchased a 91 SE and it has these 4 brand new Eldorado Legend Touring TA's ( :dunno: never heard of them, have U?) tires on. They are rated at :iceslolan 80,000 miles :iceslolan .

They have a max-load inflation pressure of 44 lbs. I imagine when this car came out most tires were max - load at 35 lbs. My ? is do I stick with the sticker on drivers door at 29 F & R or do I go up some since they have a higher inflation load? The fronts seem a bit low at 29 so for now I upped them to 32 till I get a solid answer.

I just emailed them also asking the same ?'s.

Tire is at www.eldoradotire.com

Picture of tire: http://www.eldoradotire.com/elements/preEldoradoLegendtr.jpg

BTW....they do ride well & handle pretty respectable considering they are a touring tire. I'm quite happy with them & and am most concerned with ride comfort more then cornering ability.

If the car had needed tires though it would have had Michelins put on being that I have good results ALWAYS with them. Cost more but their worth it!

henrymv
10-25-2004, 11:51 PM
Go with the rating on the door....Tire pressure has to fo with the weight of your car. MY 89 Lincoln had tire pressure of 44 PSi and is becasue the car weighed 4500 lbs
Also if un doubt call any good tire shop and ask them what the recommended tire pressure is for your car.

My 90 accord EX coupe requires 34 psi

henrymv
10-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Also the best way to figure out your own tire pressure is a fun sience project. Take a footprint of the tire. Measure the height and width and multiply these two...then take a tire pressure reading..multiple the PSI by the number you got when you multiplied the height and width. That will give your the weight of that tire. The do these to the other three tires and then add all 4 numbers together. If your tires are properly inflated the number should add up to the correct weight of your car. Here is a web site that give step by step with images. Good luck.
http://www.exploratorium.edu/snacks/tired_weight/

Huffa
10-26-2004, 04:28 AM
Thats pretty cool, I'll have to try that!

Thanks for the info!

kingwillz
10-26-2004, 01:48 PM
thats hot

scubawrstlr
10-27-2004, 03:34 PM
WOw, thats awsome.

Add your comment to this topic!