Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

first 3 modifications to get

L3X
10-24-2004, 08:10 PM
eyo guys,

juss want your opinions...imma get a 1993 RX-7 soon and i got a job to pay for all da isht...well i got about $8000 saved up for its modifications

i just wanted to know what 3 upgrades you all would first get on it?

like umm upgraded suspension maybe? or turbos n such...and plz add a gud maker for da parts....thanks alot :grinno: :biggrin: :lol2:

fcdriver
10-24-2004, 08:44 PM
TUNE UP. After that it's up to you and and what you want, I would start with some nice new tires, a good flowing exhaust and go for a single turbo instead of twins and add along some fuel upgrades. It's all up to you in the end though.

MBTN
10-24-2004, 11:28 PM
First 3 mods are reliablility, reliability, and finally reliablility. The fact that you type the way you do leads me to believe you are very immature. And the fact that you are asking about "gud maker for da parts" means you don't know anything. This is the last car on earth you should be owning.

L3X
10-25-2004, 07:02 AM
ahahaha, well you see, I could type the proper way but I just didnt have anytime to type because I had to go to work right after

drftk1d
10-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Still, how much do you know about the car?

L3X
10-25-2004, 08:21 PM
well, can you elaborate on that? I mean the question is pretty vague.....

RedFC3S
10-27-2004, 02:38 PM
well, can you elaborate on that? I mean the question is pretty vague.....
what is the displacement, what is the engine code, what type of turbos does it use stock, and most importantly, what are the Apex seals?

Answer those, then we can go from there

GT-Alex
10-27-2004, 05:29 PM
I would say good tires, brakes, and suspension, before touching the engine.

drftk1d
10-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Stuff like intake, exhaust, reliability mods

http://resource.realtor.com/display/?id=16443883&;

i felt lucky in google, did you?

Great-King-Rat
10-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Well im glad you saved 30 secunds tipin dat way

If you want to be good with a car, atleast talk perfessionally when talking business or smarts about them.

ShortyDTP
10-29-2004, 01:15 AM
the first mod you would and people should do to their cars........(if they know what they are doing) would be tires , then tune up's,

Not like "ricers" that will put some tyt3 S1ck bling bling, and Mad tyt2 w1ng. and APC intake

ShortyDTP
10-29-2004, 01:20 AM
P.S you said you got 8,000 saved right??
that's pretty much what the car is gonna cost you.
so you got 0 for mods, guess no body kit for you.!!!!

D3rELiC
10-29-2004, 12:32 PM
bigger rad, piggyback and have someone remplace your vacum lines (and remove emission stuff if you can) get a descent intake in a cold air box.
exhaust : dont get anything more than a catback if you dont have any kind of engine management system (E.M.S.) (dont mess up with the boost too much either)

you can easely get 350-400 hp with the stock twins

Great-King-Rat
10-31-2004, 12:41 AM
yeah but with stock twins you dont get alot of engine life...

D3rELiC
10-31-2004, 07:07 AM
yeah but with stock twins you dont get alot of engine life...

hey, why dont you take your head out of your ass and realize you dont know shit about rotaries. ''maybe a faulty apex seal will make the engine have a very poor gaz milleage, and the stock twins will make your engine blow if you raize boost too much''. just shut up and learn before trying to look intelligent.

dayna240sx
10-31-2004, 09:15 AM
ahahaha, well you see, I could type the proper way but I just didnt have anytime to type because I had to go to work right after

i think typing properly is a lot easier and faster than typing like an idiot.

D3rELiC
10-31-2004, 11:44 AM
welcome back dayna, whats up ?

Great-King-Rat
10-31-2004, 01:12 PM
fuck you i never said anything about boost blowing your engine, and second i got a neighbor thats bought his new in 86 and the apex seals went bad and while is seals were bad he didnt drive it cause for some reason his gas mileage sucked...but after he replaced the seals...it went back to normal...hmm...but i doubt that was the apex seals huh? and alot of people in this forum talk about how the twin turbos are good for about 80k - 100k miles. maybe its alot to you you dumbass but to me thats not a whole hell of alot of life to me...so before you go telling me to get my head out of my ass you can take the pool stick out of yours and quit being such a dick and accusing people of shit.

D3rELiC
10-31-2004, 02:34 PM
yeah but with stock twins you dont get alot of engine life...fuck you i never said anything about boost blowing your engine
correct me if im wrong, but 'you wont get alot of engine life...' and 'you'll blow your engine' sounds like THE SAME FUCKING THING TO ME

and second, blowing a seal will do much more than give you poor gaz millage, it will rape your rotor housing, sideplates, your rotor and you pocket if you dont go through a rebuilt as soon as possible, if you pop a seal, you've poped the engine, and obviously, a blown engine wont work good, and the damn gaz milleage is the last thing you're upset with when a fucking rebuilt cost you 1.5k$. its not like if gaz milleage was a sign of a blown engine cuz theres WAY many thing that will go through your head when you'll blow a rotary before thinking 'damn, my gaz milleage suck'

and its called a pool cue, not a stick

MBTN
10-31-2004, 05:04 PM
If anything it's the stock twins that you don't get a lot of life out of... Turbos in a rotary take a beating. There's a lot more heat made then a boingo ;) motor. Also I've heard the stock cats usually fail around 75k miles. They'd clog up and heat up everything. Not a matter of if, just when.

Great-King-Rat
11-01-2004, 08:11 AM
Well I never got into detail with him about his car...it wasnt my problem so i didnt care all that much...and I can see where you are coming from with the enigne thing, but those 2 things arent a whole lot alike, so next time just make sure first before you go accusing...but its alright man. I meant what i said...from what Ive seen and heard and researched, the twin turbos just arent good for alot of miles...and exactly, its not a matter of if it will die...its when.

D3rELiC
11-01-2004, 02:21 PM
i agree with the turbo issue, but rebuilts are kinda cheap. and ppl getting 350-400hp out of their 13b-rew usualy use some engine management device, so they wait until the twins break and buy a nice single setup. 99 specs are more reliable i've heard, and with some emission removal and relocalisation, you can get off some heat out of the engine bay, therefore, giving a chance to the twins to live a bit longer.

shi shi bog
11-02-2004, 01:12 AM
hey you two guys stop fighting and get back to the topic!!!!!!

im not to sure about rotors but all of my mates first three mods were pod type air filtres with cold air aluminium piping to turbo(just tryin to be specific), full 3inch exhaust from turbos back, and BOV(IF U THINK ITS RICE UR GAY), and if u have a bit of $$$ left spend it on maitainance :)

D3rELiC
11-02-2004, 11:30 AM
hey you two guys stop fighting and get back to the topic!!!!!!

im not to sure about rotors but all of my mates first three mods were pod type air filtres with cold air aluminium piping to turbo(just tryin to be specific), full 3inch exhaust from turbos back, and BOV(IF U THINK ITS RICE UR GAY), and if u have a bit of $$$ left spend it on maitainance :)

do your mates owns rx7 at all ?
getting the exhaust all the way from the turbo to the back is the worst thing you can do, it will make the turbo boost more and the ecu wont provide enough fuel, so you will blow your engine, know your shit before posting about things you dont know.

Great-King-Rat
11-03-2004, 12:31 AM
yeah heats a major concern on those things but if it can be eliminated then by all means do what it takes...

RedFC3S
11-03-2004, 12:56 AM
do your mates owns rx7 at all ?

I own 2 :naughty:
1990 Turbo II, should be a little over 400hp
1982 RX7

D3rELiC
11-03-2004, 10:46 AM
i was actualy talking to shi shi bog
since you'll blow the engine by simply gutting the cats if you dont run any fuel management mods on a FD

Add your comment to this topic!