2001 jimmy overaggressive

jehda
10-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Does anyone know where the black box is located? Has anyone had trouble with driver air bag deploying when it should not ,causing roll over. now poor Jimmy is just a flat

BlazerLT
10-26-2004, 06:54 PM
what?

chcknugget
10-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Do you have a JET chip, throttle body spacer, and true dual exhaust? I want mine to do that!

BlazerLT
10-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Do you have a JET chip, throttle body spacer, and true dual exhaust? I want mine to do that!

Jet Chip: Advances timing and throttle angle and decreases fuel economy for power.

TB Spacer: Just don't do this, causes more problems and has been tested to add no HP or MPG on a 4.3L.

Dual Exhaust: Expensive and kills your back pressure. A good muffler with a dual oulet with dual tailpipes is all you will need for good performance, flow and sound.

chcknugget
10-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Geez, I was just kidding ->like a throttle body spacer will cause a jimmy to rollover.

BlazerLT
10-27-2004, 09:59 PM
D'oh!

jehda
10-30-2004, 02:16 PM
You guys are really funny. I was referring to the GM SDM/EDR/airbag/DERM/Black Box module location that has been in GM has had in cars since i believe 1999 in Generel Moteors, Gm Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Buick Pontiac, Chevrolet, GMC trucks and Saturn vehicls only.

JackDaniels386
10-30-2004, 03:33 PM
uhhh... I'm confused

JackDaniels386
10-30-2004, 04:50 PM
so, your air bag blew up while you were going down the road and you lost control and rolled the Jimmy?

jehda
10-31-2004, 01:22 PM
basically I was wonderding where the black box was now I know" big brother" :screwy: :screwy: is under the center console. Now I am trying to get diagram of how to remove and see if anyone else has had this problem.

chcknugget
11-01-2004, 12:00 AM
What the heck are you talking about? "big brother"? There are hidden cameras under the dash?

jehda
11-01-2004, 12:51 PM
I was referring to the GM M/EDR/airbag/DERM/Black Box module location that has been in GM has had in cars since i believe 1999 in Generel Moteors, Gm Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Buick Pontiac, Chevrolet, GMC trucks and Saturn vehicls only.
The reasonfor the referance to big brother is because the insurance company and car manufacturer, lawyer's for them know where these are it records your daily driving and especial just before the wreck and after. So this can be used againest you in a court of law in a good way or bad.
I bet know you are glad to know about it? :uhoh:

BlazayBlazerious
11-01-2004, 05:26 PM
Yeah, that's why I wear the tin foil on my head when I drive...sorry I couldn't resist. Seriously though, the black box is real. I think it only records the crash and the final 5 seconds preceding. Jehda, if you haven't seen this site already you might find it useful: http://www.airbagcrash.com/pages/1/index.htm

Sorry to hear about your rollover...they're not fun.

jehda
11-01-2004, 07:43 PM
thank you that is some of the information I am looking for. The insurance company gave me permission to retrieve the box but so for I can't get diagram from GM on how to take it our it just looks like three screws, but It will be fun getting into the pancake to remove the center console.
Thanks again for your help. :evillol:

Add your comment to this topic!