Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

trying my hand at F-1

PRIVATEER
10-22-2004, 12:06 PM
I picked up Tamiya's Ferrari's F-1 2000 full view the other day. The kit looks fantastic in the box. I want to build it using some transparent parts,masking off "windows" to show detail. I have never built an F-1 car, so I have a couple of questions. I have a ton of c/f decal's laying around,but its all 1/24 scale. This car is 1/20 scale. Is there a big difference in the appearance of the c/f in the 2 scales? I do understand scale, I am just wondering if it's worth the expense of buying more decal when I have so much laying around. Does anybody know of some online reference? I need pics of the engine, cockpit , etc. I can finda a lot of pics of the car itself,but none with inner detail. Where I live racing publications do not exist for F-1, seems the deep south only cares for NASCAR.

When I get started, I'll post some pics.

Thanks guy's

freakray
10-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Most F1 cars use pretty fine weave C/F and C/K, I don't think 1/24 C/F decal will look out of place.
In all honesty, I find that quite often, 1/24 C/F looks a little large on 1/24 models, so on a 1/20 I think it would look excellent :)

2000-redrider
10-22-2004, 01:36 PM
Here's some reference material:

http://www.f1m.com/index.php?module=My_eGallery&do=showgall&gid=171&offset=0&orderby=dateD

hope this helps.

StephenDeli
10-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Most F1 cars use pretty fine weave C/F and C/K, I don't think 1/24 C/F decal will look out of place.
In all honesty, I find that quite often, 1/24 C/F looks a little large on 1/24 models, so on a 1/20 I think it would look excellent :)

I strongly agree. Weave(SMS) for 1/20 is actually quite large in my opinion for alot of things. 1/24 looks good for alot of the stuff. Although I know that some people even use 1/43 for suspension pieces, brake ducts and things of the sort.

Add your comment to this topic!