Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

10Amp Flasher fuse keeps blowing...

henrymv
10-22-2004, 12:50 AM
I have a 90 Accord EX...tonight the flasher signla fuse keeps blowing....anyone have any ideas why the fuse would keep blowing....it is bad becasue it affects the speaddmeter, tech, fuel and temp gauges and I can not shift from Drive to Reverse, Nuetral, D4, D3, D2, D1 even if I depress the brake pedal! HELP!!!!!!

u195133
10-23-2004, 11:14 AM
check ur wiring, usually if the wires are not grounded, the fuses will keep blowing

mpumas
10-24-2004, 06:35 PM
The problem is that a wire is grounded when it shouldn't be. Does the fuse blow as soon as you install a new one or when you turn something on. That fuse controls so many things that to troubleshoot the problem will need more information. Henry, you are having so many problems that it is time for you to visit your local auto store and buy a Chiltons or Haynes for your model and look up the wiring diagrams. Maybe your local public library has one on its shelves.

henrymv
10-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Well I finally figured it all out....it seems that there is light string for towing and one of the wires had rubbed away. So I disconnected them and the problem is resolved. As far as you remark Mpuas, I do have a Chiltons manual.....i ask to gets people. If you do not want to help then do not reply...But thanks for you help.

Add your comment to this topic!