Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Smokin Eclipse

rshottie1998
10-21-2004, 11:57 PM
ok...i have a huge problem with my car smoking!...whenever i go somewhere...especially if i drive about 60 or 70...my car smokes from under the engine. i thought it was my belts, but i changed then and it still does it... what could it be?

ashah000
10-22-2004, 07:23 AM
Is your temp gauge going above the normal position?

riff22
10-22-2004, 09:34 AM
does it smell like burnt oil?? could be leaking out the valve cover on to the manifold

spyderturbo007
10-22-2004, 09:48 AM
What color is the smoke? Can you tell where it is coming from?

rshottie1998
10-22-2004, 11:34 PM
my temp is normal...my car isnt overheating at all....the smoke is white, and i did think that it was the oil burning onto something bc i just recently broke off two valve cover bolts into the head...but when i replaced them, the smoke was still there....i noticed that it was coming from the manifold in the space between the manifold and the head on my 98 eclipse...the smoke gets worse when i accelerate, and is bad when i idle...thats pretty much all i know..

sol brother
11-15-2004, 01:49 PM
i had the exact same problem yesterday. i took my friend out for a ride to show him why he should sell his civic :) , and it went retarded. the first time i boosted up my car made a deep gurgley sound like i had an exhaust leak, so i immediatly came off the gas. i drove around for like 10 minutes, and tried boosting again. the noise had stopped. when i pulled into my driveway my car was smoking off of the exhaust manifold. i just got the head rebuild, and a new head gasket, so i dont think anything is hitting the manifold from the head.

Add your comment to this topic!