J30 enjone swap

leesama88
10-21-2004, 08:50 PM
Hi sorry for sounding noobish. My J30 has been totaled because of flooding in my area. Could anyone give me and info on what I can do to fix it. Its an automatic. I woul dlike to know if I could swap new enigines and do some work to add a new 5 speed engine? Thx

Underground_Killah
10-21-2004, 10:38 PM
um... the 300zx engine should work fine, or you might as well buy another car (looking at a 750 install at least for the engine plus the price of another engine) anything is possible, if you have enough cash.

Underground_Killah
10-21-2004, 10:41 PM
btw welcome to the forums!

Speedy_1234
10-22-2004, 04:18 PM
but that depends where you live I also have the same problem the streets got flooed and well I went in and my motor got jam I going to get a motor for 1,000 plus to put in. By the way leesa88 Did you get stuck then the motor shut down then you try to start. if you didn't start thr motor what I recomend is to take off the sparks plugs and one of the hose of antifresze and try to start it what it going to do it going to let alll the water out do it until no water comes out once you do that put the spark plugs back (clean) and check the oil if it like light brown you should drain the oil and put the chepset one just to start the car if the car starts fine with no noise then you got saved if it does not make noise leave the car on for a while then drain the oil and put better oil after you do this write back or tell me more about you car that day it go stuck

leesama88
10-24-2004, 05:06 PM
yeah it was at a shop and they completly drained and dried everything. I think the problem is with one of the cylinders, im not sure if theres water in that still. Everything seems to be good.

leesama88
10-24-2004, 05:08 PM
actully can anyone givr me a manual on how to take apart everything under the hood. I might just buy another car and thinking about selling the parts. If u can link me one or send me one through email that would be great. leesama88@yahoo.com

Speedy_1234
11-01-2004, 12:45 PM
what year is it

carlos_knology
11-03-2004, 07:19 PM
What happens is that water gets sucked in through the air box into the cylinders. It's called water-lock or hydrolock. Since the water can't compress it's like your cylinder hits a brick.

A compression test will usually tell which cylinders gave up the ghost.

Unlike air, water cannot compress in the cylinder. Something's gotta give and it won't be the water - those hard metal parts will.

Add your comment to this topic!