Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 wrangler no start??????

merk
10-21-2004, 06:56 PM
The other day I went to start my jeep witch I formaly had no proplems with,It started,ran rough for a second then stalled.Now it won't start at all,no fuel.So now Ive changed the fuel filter,fuel pump,crank sensor,and checked the fuel pump cut off relay.still no start,it cranks but will not run unless I hit it with eather.This is my first jeep with fuel injection and Im completely stuck on what to do,any help would be greatly appreciated.

djmoore85
10-21-2004, 07:37 PM
next place i would look is to check for spark. i have a 94, never did that, but if there is a problem starting, go through list: air, fuel, crank, and spark. if you don't have those it may be a computer, but run down the list of what you need to start the engine. good place to begin, hope it helps

JATake
11-04-2004, 02:52 PM
I actually have the same problem as you. I replaced the computer, fuel pump, crank postioning sensor, and coil. I brought it to a mechanic to do a diagnostic test on it and they couldn't find anything. Once in awhile it will start, but then it will stall out. We aren't getting any spark from the coil to the distributor. Any help?

R@GZ
02-13-2005, 11:12 AM
We aren't getting any spark from the coil to the distributor. Any help?

If it's a no spark condition... First try replacing the High Tension Lead that goes from the coil to the distributor. (Coil Wire)

racenut65
02-17-2005, 03:00 PM
My 93 did the same thing. Coughed, sputtered, then nothing. Changed out the plugs, wires, rotor and cap. Turned out the cap was cracked where I couldn't see it and moisture was getting in. No starting problems since.

tooquixotic
03-07-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm having the same problems with my 97 4.0 I have replaced the the coil, distributer, and crank sensor. If I put a test light on any injector wire , the fuel pump wire , coil wire and anything else that runs off the asd relay I can turn the key forward and the light only comes on for about second. Not even enough time for the fuel pump to pressure up.But much like you it will run if I keep spraying eyther. If you find out what it is please post the answer. thanks and good luck

Add your comment to this topic!