Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

burned out blinker bulb

phyleaux
10-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Help! I have a '91 Buick LeSabre (Sylvia) whose right blinker doesn't.

The light comes on on the dash board, but ...the left side works just fine. The tail light on the left shows two lights, so I assume the right side should have two that burn as well. Only one is working.

The problem is...Where do I find out how to change the burned out bulb? How do I get to it?

I have pulled the carpet back and looked all over the trunk area and I can find nothing that even remotely looks like a place to change a bulb - I can't find the *^&% bulb. I tried to pry the reflector off the back bumper area to no avail.

My inspection is due very soon, so this is important and I am getting tired of using hand signals and/or flicking the darn handle up and down to signal a turn.

Can anyone out there help me? I've looked in the owner's manual and all it says is to change the bulb if it is burned out. Well, duh...I would if I could, but I can't!!!

So, I say again: Help!

Thanks much,
phyleaus

buickmastermind
10-21-2004, 10:55 AM
The tail light flips up. Just remove the nuts that are under the carpet on the rear wall of the trunk, and the whole assembly should just flip up.

phyleaux
10-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks muchly, I'll go outside when it cools down a bit and give that a try. I'll let yall know if it works. sue

Add your comment to this topic!