Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

camaro or mustang

NIN881
10-20-2004, 01:39 AM
I currently own a 94 mustang GT and I have done many things to it. heads, intake, exhaust gears. Now, my dad is going to just give me back my old v6 camaro. I have always loved camaros, so this has interested me but it would take alot of work to make it how I want it. Like v8 swap and 6 speed tranny and possibly a new rear end. This car would be a total hot rod. It will cost many dollars and many man hours to complete this dream.

I would just like your input if I should start on this hot rod project or just stick with the ford. It won't be as fun but cheaper. BTW, the camaro is a 94 with a five speed.

thank you
tom

curtis73
10-20-2004, 03:57 AM
You've really opened a can of worms :) The Ford vs. Chevy Pony Car debacle...

Honestly, I have to say, pick one out of a hat. They are both competent performers with incredible aftermarket performance support, so you can't go wrong with either. Pick the one that requires less work. If it were me, I would keep the GT as a driver while I modded the heck out of the Camaro.

drdisque
10-20-2004, 11:02 AM
stick with what you have, the camaro needs too much work to be fun.

Andydg
10-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Too much work for the Camaro...just not worth it.

jmrev
10-21-2004, 01:55 PM
the mustang is a great car, and the camaro seems like too much money and time. Stay with the mustang.

Rufe
10-21-2004, 11:07 PM
Follow your dreams...

If you were sitting on your porch and looking out into the driveway, which car do YOU want to see?

Point # 2, which car do you enjoy driving more? You are driving it, be happy behind the wheel. Which one feels better going around the corners?

I think when some people get older they begin to lose sight of their dreams. Too interested in practicality, or what the significant other has to say. Stay young!

REPEAT: If you were sitting on your porch and looking out into the driveway, which car do YOU want to see?

NIN881
10-22-2004, 02:52 AM
A 351 mustang

NIN881
10-22-2004, 02:55 AM
If we are going fallow my dreams it would be a vette. I just never had the money for it. maybe saving up would be the best way. How would an older vette handle a corner, say a C3. It would be much cheaper to get one o f those.

Add your comment to this topic!