Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Front & Rear Speakers 01' Tracker

Krashoverride95
10-19-2004, 08:49 AM
I have a 2001 Tracker (2 door Soft Top) and i have just replaced the factory cd player with a sony xplod... I am also wanting to put in xplod speakers. I have tried to take out the front speakers and i cannot figure out how to get the door panel off... I have removed all screws including the ones under the cap by the side mirror. It just won't budge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phu
11-16-2004, 02:56 AM
I have a 2001 Tracker (2 door Soft Top) and i have just replaced the factory cd player with a sony xplod... I am also wanting to put in xplod speakers. I have tried to take out the front speakers and i cannot figure out how to get the door panel off... I have removed all screws including the ones under the cap by the side mirror. It just won't budge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If the interior is anything like my '99 here's what ya do:

1. Empty the map pockets
2. pop off the mirror trim (interior)
3. remove the screw in the door cup you use to pull the door closed
4. remove the screw in the door handle cup
5. slide the cup forward and it should pop out
6. unlatch the plastic clip for the door linkage behind the cup
7. remove the e-clip on the window crank and remove crank.
8. pop all the body pins and lift -UP- on the door skin.
8a. the trim for the window is affixed to the door skin so don't rip it off like I did..

voila.. door skin should be off

there are something like 7 body pins, I can't remember.

the 6 1/2"s are then held in by 4 screws.

-Phu

Krashoverride95
11-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Thanx for your help, i had found all the screws but i was unaware of the clips and things. I haven't had time to try this yet but i will get at is as soon as I can... again thanx for your help! :grinno:

joshuabaker
01-28-2007, 12:21 PM
How to you get to the rear speakers? I have replaced the front ones already.

Add your comment to this topic!