Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Headlights spazzing on/off on '93 T-Bird

jiloasis74
10-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Need help, I'm in a jam. I dont know whats up with my 93 T-Bird. My headlights are spazzing on/off when I drive it. How can I fix it. Any suggestions on whats going on? Form one T-Bird lover to another, HELP!!!

jiloasis74
10-18-2004, 08:53 PM
whats a good price to pay a mechanic to get this type of problem fixed?

thunderbird muscle
10-19-2004, 07:48 AM
Around here, in south Georgia, the going rate is $60 an hour. At least at the dealerships and major shops. They ussually charge an hour for diagnoses, unless it is something major.

jiloasis74
10-19-2004, 07:11 PM
d'you have any idea of whats up with my sled?

flewthecoupe
10-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Before you take it to Joe Schmo mechanic, run by a Ford store and ask them to run the VIN through Oasis. You may have a car that has not had the headlamp switch replacement done under recall.

forcfed93
11-02-2004, 12:20 PM
d'you have any idea of whats up with my sled?
As mentioned above, check with Ford to make sure it isn't covered in the recall.

I've owned 4 SC's and 3 LXs and all but two have done what you are describing. In EVERY case it was the headlight switch. If need be, You can pick up a switch at your local parts store for about $20.00 and you can replace it with a few basic tools in about ten minutes.

92fordtbirdclunka
01-21-2005, 02:17 PM
I have a 92 Ford Thunderbird. 3.8L V6. My headlights are also doing the same thing. Once i drive my car for a good 15-25min my headlights begin to blink on and off randomly. Im hoping that what you say with the headlight switch is the case with my car, because im lookin for a quick fix. I have a knob that you pull out to turn on the parking lights and then the headlights. I find that when i pull the dimmer switch towards me and hold them there, my high beams stay on but you can see the lowbeams turn on and off. This only works when i hold them back. Is this still the headlight switch? Id rather not pay anyone to fix this because i know its something stupid. If someone could please help...

flewthecoupe
01-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Call Ford, give them your VIN, let them run it through OASIS and find any recalls on your car. If the recall(s) have not been taken care of, get them done. If the problem persists, then we can more than likely help. First things first.

92fordtbirdclunka
01-29-2005, 01:17 PM
I just picked up the $20 headlight switch for my car. Took me 15min to take the dash apart, put the new switch in and put it back together. Pretty easy job and I'm assuming that fixed the problem beacause they havent started blinking since.

Thanks for your help.

Kyle Muray

flewthecoupe
01-29-2005, 04:00 PM
I just picked up the $20 headlight switch for my car. Took me 15min to take the dash apart, put the new switch in and put it back together. Pretty easy job and I'm assuming that fixed the problem beacause they havent started blinking since.

Thanks for your help.

Kyle Muray

If the recall has not been performed it will happen again. Call Ford.

timsbaker
03-23-2005, 05:37 PM
Need help, I'm in a jam. I dont know whats up with my 93 T-Bird. My headlights are spazzing on/off when I drive it. How can I fix it. Any suggestions on whats going on? Form one T-Bird lover to another, HELP!!!
the 93 t-bird was recalled forheadlights check in to by calling a dealer

Add your comment to this topic!