Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Explorer in dash cd changer has 2 stuck cds

Denali_Ghost
10-18-2004, 04:01 PM
hey, i have had my explorer for 2 years and then latley all of the sudden my cds have been getting stuck. now i have a cd stuck in there and it wont come out no matter how i try. can anyone help me? if not, i'll just go to the dealership.....thanks

79cj5_350
10-20-2004, 09:52 AM
I have the same problem in my 01 sport. They get jammed and then it says "cd error" I've found that they get stuck whenever there switching or ejecting. I haven't actually fixed it but i've found that if you stick something in the insert hold like the inside of a pen, that pushes the cd back in and then it will work again for a couple months. Not sure if you're is the same problem but its a workaround from buying a new player.

svsund
10-22-2004, 08:22 AM
I had one stuck in the changer, I could see it, took a knife and pryed the cd up a little to get it to come loose. I haven't had a problem since.

jsingh
07-21-2005, 04:38 AM
Hi Denali, Did you ever get this fixed, if so, how ? I have the same problem with the CD player.

maui4me
12-07-2005, 02:00 AM
hey, i have had my explorer for 2 years and then latley all of the sudden my cds have been getting stuck. now i have a cd stuck in there and it wont come out no matter how i try. can anyone help me? if not, i'll just go to the dealership.....thanks

I got the same problem with my '02 EB. I found that if you stick a junk CD partially into the slot and then remove it, the stuck CD will then eject. One of the many crappy things about an '02 Explorer...

Add your comment to this topic!