Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

mechanic apprentice

Cornerbuddy28
10-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Hello everybody, Iím wondering if anyone has any advice or information for me about a possible job. I am an engineering student at Clarkson University and I would like to get a job at a local Subaru service garage next summer apprenticing under a mechanic. I have had a great deal of shop experience all through middle school, high school and college so far. I am not a certified mechanic obviously but what I am wondering is if it would be possible to work with the trained pros in a Subaru shop over the summer. I love working on cars, Subarus and Audis specifically, but I donít know how to go about getting a job working on them. I havenít asked any dealerships or shops about this yet. I thought Iíd try to find out whether or not this would even be possible here on the forum. I donít really care so much about the pay, I just want to get a chance to really learn a lot about cars. Any input any of you have would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks - Colin

freakray
10-18-2004, 10:28 AM
Your best bet is to look up all the Subaru dealerships around you, call in to their Service Managers and ask them about prospects.

Cornerbuddy28
10-18-2004, 10:32 AM
ok thanks

Add your comment to this topic!