Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Buick LeSabre Body Electrical Problem

rotorhead362
10-17-2004, 03:50 PM
2000 Buick LeSabre Limited electrical problem

This is an intermitent problem which occurs when vehicle is in motion or idling while parked.

The warning lights come on, the fuel gauge falls to empty, the radio goes off. The DIC mileage information lights go from numerals to dashes.
also, the air conditionong stops cooling.

When parked and put in park the doors will not unlock and the keyless entry fobs will not unlock the doorsor the trunk.

During this condition, the car will not start or even make a sound as if it were getting power to the starter.

The battery is good and I have cleaned the terminals good including the one under the hood.

While idling during this condition, I can slam the trunk or a door and all will return to normal-some of the time.

The condition does not affect the driving of the car.

Flatrater
10-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Your best bet would be to go to the dealer and have it looked at. I would suspect you have a problem with the class 2 data line shorting to ground. When the line gets shorted it stops all comuters from working. Your car has at least 15 computer in it.

If you want one place to look that was a common problem in the 2000 model. In the rear seat you will need to remove the lower and upper cushion. Once you have that removed you will need to move the package shelf cover. Now look at the wires running next to the rear drivers side seat belt retractor. You may find the purple wire shorted to another wire right below the retractor.

Ted Bundy
06-05-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm having this same problem and wonder if you have ever gotten your problem fixed. Any help is appreciated.

stuzman
06-05-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm having this same problem and wonder if you have ever gotten your problem fixed. Any help is appreciated.

He probably did after five years.

Ted Bundy
06-06-2009, 09:55 PM
I realized the thread was 5 years old but really appreciate the need for you to point out the obvious. Thanks

nolemags
06-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Bundy - Did you ever figure out this problem? I have a similar situation. Basically, the car seems possessed. After doing some research, it seems that one guy had found that the fuse panel under the back seat had a bad stud and caused low voltage to the BCM, which causes all kinds of havok.

With mine, the car will start if you slam the trunk....

Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!