Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

xB drivers seat rocking problem, Anyone else? **vid inside**

Hybrid93Hatch
10-17-2004, 08:13 AM
The other day I noticed my drivers seat moved when taking a corner. It felt like the seat was not all the way in place and made the small movement into the railing. A day or so later the same thing happened.

Well last night I had a full car (4 of us riding out) and the same thing happened again. Pissed off I had my brother check out the seat as now I figured out just by moving my weight forward on the seat the side closest to the e-brake rocks back and forth. After looking closely we're guessing there is a problem with the seat connection at the railing.

Anyone else notice this with their xB? I moved the seat up a little just to see if it only happens when fully back on the rail. The "rocking" in my drivers seat happens at any seat position on the railing. Is there a TSB for this? Can some of you check your seats to see if you have this problem as well? the passenger seat seems to be fine as my g/f tried to move it like I did the drivers.

Here is a vid I just took using my digital camera. You can hear the seat rocking as I push on the back of the chair. I am pushing at the bag clip location. Something is definitely wrong with my drivers seat.........

**right click save as (2.31mb)**

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjA0Nzk1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

**right click save as**

I am not using very much pressure at all. Just a small nudge and the seat moves back and forth

bigmoe
10-20-2004, 11:20 PM
warrenty the dealer should thighten that right up for you

Add your comment to this topic!