Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Internal door leaks on 1995 GSR

1.8L
10-16-2004, 08:49 PM
I have a 1995 Integra GSR. Both front speakers have deteriorated and I pulled on out and went shopping for some replacements. After I bought them it was pouring rain and with the speaker grill removed I noticed that ther was a fair amount of moisture around the empty speaker box inside the door cavity. (this probably contributed to the speakers' demise) Upon further inspection I noticed a fairly constant dripping of water down the interior space of the door (not inside the car itself) . The windows bottom gaskets are not noticeably worn, but I am not sure where the water is entering from. Is this a known issue with older Integras and is ther a reasonable remedy. Thanks.

DjMasaker
10-16-2004, 10:03 PM
as far as an issue goes, if you live in an area that is fairly dry most of the time, if there is any water, then it gets real hot again, that will break down any rubber, what the problem seems like is that the outside rubber buffer in front of the window itself is faulty. If you want it done right, get a replacement for it, if you dont care what it looks like, you can throw some silicone on it. I wouldn't suggest actually doing the last one, but its always an option.

Add your comment to this topic!