Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

car won't start!!!!

integ520
10-16-2004, 04:20 PM
engine was running, then it just turned off.
When I tried to turn it on, it backfired a few times but it won't start.
Can anyone no what could be wrong?

DjMasaker
10-16-2004, 04:30 PM
It could be a couple things, clogged exhaust (possibly from an old cat). could be something witht he spark plugs, could be the injector is clogged. you'd have to really check all of those to really know

bigdavedwg
10-17-2004, 12:41 AM
it could even be the fuel pump. if it was running real lean it could have backfired...that could be it...odds are it has something to do with the fuel....

dave

gsr916
10-17-2004, 01:20 PM
it could even be the fuel pump. if it was running real lean it could have backfired...that could be it...odds are it has something to do with the fuel....

dave
Im pretty sure if it was running rich it could have backfired, backfiring is combustion of unburnt fuel in the exhaust, a richer mixture would have a higher chance of backfiring if all of the fuel isnt burnt. What year and model car do you have?

integ520
10-17-2004, 02:59 PM
It's a 91 acura integra rs it's alright for b18A1,
I put a AEM cold air intake,dc sport 4-2-1 headers, apex N1 exhaust took the cat converter out.

recently I got plugs,wiring,cap&rotor when I put the rotor, I noticed that the screw that hold the rotor in place was broken the other piece of the screw is stuck on the little hole where the rotor goes. How can I take it out?

Add your comment to this topic!