Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Strange Noise 93 DeVille

kraigc
10-16-2004, 06:24 AM
I noticed yesterday we were getting heavy rain that as you are driving down the road perticularly where the asphault has deeper tire gully's that when the water splashes back against the fender wells that my car makes a strange noise like the muffler is full of water like a growling sound when accelerating it does not last long like it burns off or blows out, I used the muffler as a example it may not even be coming from there just as close to how it would sound as I can get. Could this be a vacum line off that is sucking water? Any info would be great. Kraig

the_doctor
11-01-2004, 01:23 AM
I'm having the exact same problem with an 1989 Lesabre. It's done it every time I've driven in heavy rain since I've had some exhaust work done. It always goes away after about 30 seconds and has never happened when driving on dry roads. It sounds like it's coming from the front of the car. It happened yesterday while driving in heavy rain, I put the car in neutral and revved it a little. . . It definatly sounds like exhaust noise. If anyone has some advice please share . . .Thanks

kraigc
11-01-2004, 02:18 AM
I thought that I was alone on this one, Your explaining of it sounds identicle like you said after about 30 seconds it goes away and only on very wet conditions. Maybe someone will come accross to explain it to us. KC

stixboy
07-29-2007, 01:14 AM
I hope someone comes because i'm stuck with the same problem

Add your comment to this topic!