Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

hp loss...

KrazyD
10-15-2004, 08:14 PM
i recently installed a hevhard on my 01 ls, my question is, how much hp am i loosing by not putting on a high flow cat? i really wanna stay away from the "ricer" look. however, if i'm loosing too much power by using stock exhause then i might just have to change. thanx.

/d

Greenblurr93
10-15-2004, 08:23 PM
i recently installed a hevhard on my 01 ls, my question is, how much hp am i loosing by not putting on a high flow cat? i really wanna stay away from the "ricer" look. however, if i'm loosing too much power by using stock exhause then i might just have to change. thanx.

/d

As for the Exact numbers.. not sure. but no one really sees the cat unless they're looking under your car. so my suggestion would be to get a high flow cat, a bigger diameter mid-pipe, and keep your stock muffler.... thats if u REALLY dont want the "ricer" look. Although i have seen some high flow mufflers that look pretty stock, and sound nice too.

KrazyD
10-15-2004, 09:37 PM
thanx for the reply. remember of any stock-looking high flow ones off hand?

boosted331
10-16-2004, 01:27 AM

3" ES oval painted black.

KrazyD
10-17-2004, 11:16 AM
more inputs plz?

Vender
10-17-2004, 11:20 AM
If you've got excessive amounts of money, look at the Mugen Twin Loop Silencer. It doesnt have the look of a coffee thermos if that's what you're trying to avoid lol

93weed_eater
10-17-2004, 12:35 PM
I think i've heard of people useing those the turbo mufflers they use on v'8s its stock looking but with a big inlet/outlet and pretty much flow through.

Greenblurr93
10-18-2004, 10:28 PM
you can always do research to find them..... I know they're out there

KrazyD
10-18-2004, 11:03 PM
i'm looking, i'm looking. best i can see so far is the nugen...however, they do'nt make 'em for ls, only gsr and type r. gonna have to find the exact spec of a gsr/r and ls exhaust system.

Greenblurr93
10-19-2004, 09:38 PM
try greddy

KrazyD
10-19-2004, 10:01 PM
i installed an evo ii on my sis' car...didn't care for the coffee cup look too much.

eckoman_pdx
10-21-2004, 05:37 AM

Random Technologies makes good street legel high-flow cats, and no-one will see it, as it is under the car. They're not super crazy looking, relativly low key, other than the fact they are shiny as they as new. Plenty of performance muffler shops use random cats as their street legel weld in cats. If I remember, random says the power gain should be a couple %, maybe 1 or 2. Not a ton, but a bit.

I'd change out the exhaust piping at the least, 2" piping came stock on Integras, and thats pretty small for a turbo integra. 2 3/4"-3" piping is a better bet. You really should change the piping though. If you don't want the "ricer fart can look," try and find some universal mufflers with the proper sized openings but small tips...they are out there.

As for the cat, if your stock one is fine, I'd leave it be for now. However, if you want a direct bolt in replacement street legel high flow cat, you can get into one from Random for no more than $220. They can point you to a distrubtor that will give you a decent price (there's a place in Baton Rouge, Louisiana who they suggested that has good shipped prices).

KrazyD
10-21-2004, 01:38 PM
sweet! thanx ecko.

eckoman_pdx
10-21-2004, 03:41 PM
sweet! thanx ecko.

No problem, glad I can help. :bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!