Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Wrangler Sport Door repair

RPGKat
10-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Love my jeep. Bought a used 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L just 2 months ago. It's absolutely FUN to drive, haven't done any serious off roading yet.... wanted to get a winch at least before I tried anything athletic.

BUT

I really like to know what is going on with my automobile though and I can't seem to find a Haynes or such for this model. Anyone know of one??

As the driver side door paddle came part way off (some clip on the inside got jammed and fell down inside the door) I got the door partways apart to get the piece out but can't figure out how to get the window winding interior piece off so I can completely dismantle it and repair the exterior door paddle. Is this a non-user repairable item or what? I see a little O ring around it but am not certain if that is how it comes off. Seeing as how I can't find a manual and I really don't want to pay someone $100 + to fix a clip on my door (I mean, why did I buy a Jeep). I thought I would ask here. The last year I can find for Haynes is 2000.

Any suggestions, etc are welcome. I can't believe they would make the door so you can't fix it. But then..... maybe things have changed in the Jeep world :(

A Big Thanks in advance.

Add your comment to this topic!