Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How Reliable

cnilkyrclit
10-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Hello All, Im Kinda New To The Site. Love It. My Question Is How Reliable Are Subarus. Any Pros Or Cons. I Love The Wrx Model. Please Help. Looking To Purchase One In The Near Future.

bgd
10-24-2004, 11:19 AM
:smile:
I have a 1987 4wd w/ 162k miles, no engine repairs. Still starts below zero degrees, and it is by far the most reliable absolute genius of engineering I have ever owned; (after having 17 american cars). It is loud, slow, alot of torque for 1.8 liter, and is still using hardly anything at 35-40 mpg.Rides a bit rough, but i choose to put that thought aside,
and Bondo works great! The wrx seems interesting to me, 2.5L boxer with todays standards, I could only guess to be awesome.

MPtyza
10-26-2004, 12:15 AM
For long term reliability, not many other companies can even come close to matching Subaru. I know people who have over 200k and some with over 300k on their Subaru, most with the original engine and transmission. Overall, they are in my opinion, the best cars out there when it comes to being reliable.

STi04
11-01-2004, 12:56 PM
i just bought an 04 STI (wrx) about 2 months ago, and ive been through hell with it and its been nothing BUT reliable. the weather where i live is like...schitzophrenic, and the car adjusts well. i would suggest a wrx :)

Add your comment to this topic!