Three new F1 videos

-DeaDLocK-
10-15-2004, 06:58 AM
Three new videos of the blue high-mirrored F1 at the 'Ring:

http://www.pistonheadstv.com/videos/132.wmv
http://www.pistonheadstv.com/videos/133.wmv
http://www.pistonheadstv.com/videos/134.wmv

The car was only being tested and was by no means being pushed, which is why it appears relatively slow. They aren't the most exciting of videos, but any half-decent footage of the F1 is rare enough, so we can consider ourselves fortunate!

Enjoy.

D

zx4000
10-15-2004, 09:00 AM
Thanks, nice one of several videos what i saw. I think this #040 F1 of Mr Flemke seem to have been tested recently. did you see very high rev up even at low speed? Rev needle play around 6000 to 7000rpm,which means acceleration is incredible. but i think it's very loud inside of car.

jcsaleen
10-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Nice very nice... (drewl)

jkbon
10-15-2004, 11:27 AM
it appears relatively slow ?!

Mpowered
10-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Many thanks for the post. I know the driver's not flogging it, but it still sounds pretty good. Plus even if he isn't pushing it he's still getting around the track pretty quickly. I know I'd trade places with him and enjoy the 12 cylinder symphony any day. I guess you wouldn't want that much engine noise all the time, but it sure was sweet. Thanks again. :bigthumb: Nice find and post.

Peloton25
10-15-2004, 02:45 PM

How hard would you be pushing in your own million dollar toy? :confused:

It's clear that the driver is not pushing the car - there are almost no points in the videos where it would appear that full throttle is being used. Compare this to Tiff's laps in the Top Gear video and you can clearly see the difference. Tiff was also having to work very hard to keep the car on the track when he was pushing it though, and I'm sure this owner wouldn't enjoy having an off at the Nurburgring where the barriers are so close.

I think the videos are great. Where else will you get to see the greatest road car on the greatest race track in the world? I'd venture to guess that only a handful of them have ever even been on the Nurburgring which is a shame IMO, and surely I can't imagine there have been too many times one was driven in 'anger' there.

So, no, he's not bouncing off the kerbing, or hanging the tail through every turn as Stephan Roser did so many years back in the RUF 'Yellow Bird', but I still think these are excellent videos. Thanks for sharing DeaDLocK, I don't make it over to PH.com as often as I'd like to.

>8^)
ER

a5678
10-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Great videos. Thanks :bigthumb:

diabloroadster2
10-15-2004, 09:53 PM
one of the view mclaren videos that i actually liked :)

mini magic
10-16-2004, 04:00 PM

F'ing hard. I believe that cars should be raced, not stuck in a museum :banghead: . When i get my 250 GTO, you'll be able to meet me at every vintage race event and anything else i can get it into. They were made to be driven, so why don't we?

I'd want to use a $12 mil or a $1 mil car :bigthumb:

mini magic
10-16-2004, 04:01 PM
nice vids btw, thanks

jkbon
10-16-2004, 04:11 PM

:rolleyes:

theflinger
10-16-2004, 04:57 PM
F'ing hard. I believe that cars should be raced, not stuck in a museum :banghead: . When i get my 250 GTO, you'll be able to meet me at every vintage race event and anything else i can get it into. They were made to be driven, so why don't we?

That's why you get one that you never ever touch, and one you race. That's what I would do :D

MalkaJB
10-16-2004, 06:09 PM

I completely agree, 100%.

Although thats pretty easy to say when you don't own the car. I guess when it's your 'baby' out there on the track, your opinion might change real quick.

Oh, and thanks for the videos by the way. Really great engine sounds. :thumbsup:

Peloton25
10-16-2004, 09:13 PM
:rolleyes:

Why would you roll your eyes over that? Any car will appear slow when not driven at 10/10ths. It's plain fact...

For those of you claiming you'd push your own car 100% - how many of you actually have driven a high-powered rear drive car? Also, how much track experience do you have? I'm sorry, but those seem like foolishly immature statements to me.

>8^)
ER

cche2052
10-16-2004, 11:48 PM
I can't get the vids:(

jkbon
10-17-2004, 04:42 AM
Why would you roll your eyes over that? Any car will appear slow when not driven at 10/10ths. It's plain fact...

For those of you claiming you'd push your own car 100% - how many of you actually have driven a high-powered rear drive car? Also, how much track experience do you have? I'm sorry, but those seem like foolishly immature statements to me.

>8^)
ER

DeaDLocK said :

The car was only being tested and was by no means being pushed, which is why it appears relatively slow.

I said :

I have written a "?" and a "!" ,
the "?" meens "are you sure the car appears relatively slow ?"
the "!" meens "the car is not slow for me"

It seems you can't understand that.
Of course, english is not my mother language, maybe this "?!" can't be understood in english as I understand it.

But :

It seems also that your head is growing.
OK, you have the better knowledge about the Mclaren on this forum, it's a fact.
I have no problem with that.
But I have a problem with the way you answer when you don't agree with a person.
The more I read your posts the more I read "I've the bigger, your are all noobs"

There is a way to tell things, and for me, the way you use in not the way of maturity.

anund
10-17-2004, 07:13 AM
Maybe you should start using correct punctuation to avoid misunderstandings like these.

zx4000
10-17-2004, 07:24 AM
Maybe you should start using correct punctuation to avoid misunderstandings like these.

Did you read all and then found out what they say each other? who misunderstood ? when i saw jKbon post, accepted as the original intention itself what jkbon wanted to say obviously. Maybe you shoud get the point exactly.

Peloton25
10-17-2004, 08:23 AM
I have written a "?" and a "!" ,
the "?" meens "are you sure the car appears relatively slow ?"
the "!" meens "the car is not slow for me"

It seems you can't understand that.
Of course, english is not my mother language, maybe this "?!" can't be understood in english as I understand it.

No that was not what I took from your post, hence my reply. It seemed to me that you had glazed over the statements that Dealock included, and were suggesting, rather foolishly, that the F1 appeared to be slow. It was a simple misunderstanding and I apologize for it on my end.

But :

It seems also that your head is growing.
OK, you have the better knowledge about the Mclaren on this forum, it's a fact.
I have no problem with that.
But I have a problem with the way you answer when you don't agree with a person.
The more I read your posts the more I read "I've the bigger, your are all noobs"

There is a way to tell things, and for me, the way you use in not the way of maturity.

Well sorry you feel that way. I state things very 'matter-of-factly' most of the time so I can see where you might get that impression. If it's something I am certain of, or strongly believe in, I will try to convey that with my words. I do try to keep the debates friendly, and I'm known for sarcasm which isn't often easy to understand with the written word. When you are speaking with someone, facial expressions and tone go a long way to clarify and convey the actual message. I think that without that here, some of what I write may come off as smug, but that's not my intention. One thing I try hard to combat is misinformation, as there is so much of it that circulates about the McLaren F1 as I'm sure you know.

I do know a lot about the cars - it's a never-ending quest for me to learn as much as possible - and I want to share it so that others can gain from my knowledge. I don't win any medals at the end of the day for it, but hopefully people will go away with more info than they arrived with and eventually share that info with others. That's really my goal for being here, nothing more.

>8^)
ER

P.S.: If you have a problem with me - my PM box is always open. I'm human, I make mistakes, and I don't fear discussing them with someone like you so we can get back on the same page. :)

mini magic
10-17-2004, 09:09 AM
I completely agree, 100%.

Although thats pretty easy to say when you don't own the car. I guess when it's your 'baby' out there on the track, your opinion might change real quick.

I guess when you have the money for something like a 250 GTO, you have the money to fix it

Also, how much track experience do you have?

And what is to say we don't or won't get any? They have skip barber racing school for a reason you know

Peloton25
10-17-2004, 10:46 AM
Yes, my roommate did a week at Skip Barber and I plan to follow in his footsteps. He had nothing but great things to say about it, not to mention out here they use Laguna Seca which is one of the finest tracks in North America. One week, or even one month, at Skip Barber isn't going to make someone an incredible driver though - especially not behind the wheel of a car with limits like the McLaren F1.

We can all assume from reading 'flemke's posts on PistonHeads.com and from stories passed along about him, that he knows what he's doing behind the wheel. It would also seem that with his Porsche's he has had quite a bit of track experience. All that being said, you can see the limit he's willing to push with the Big Mac on the 'Ring, and I'd say it was a very wise one. Just look at the extreme caution he used in both instances where he came up on traffic - waiting until the road was straight and the other car had acknowledged him and moved over to allow the pass. He could have driven right around either of them, leaving them in the F1's wake like they were sitting still, but he chose to use extra caution and I don't blame him.

Sure, if you can afford a car of this caliber, then you can probably afford the repairs as well, but why risk it though? Cars are often never the same after being repaired from a crash. Not to mention the time it must take McLaren Cars to refit one of these following an accident. I'd rather stay at 7-9/10ths and bring my toy home in the same condition I left the house with.

>8^)
ER

mini magic
10-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Ok. Fine. Me and you have different opinions. Thats cool. You do make a good point but i feel differently.

jcsaleen
10-17-2004, 06:01 PM
Hehe my uncle asked me if I wanted to go to le guna seca for a run in a formula light.

Btw ~ So did you ask to be a mod?

mini magic
10-17-2004, 07:26 PM
hu?

Add your comment to this topic!