throttle body stuck? high idle RPMs-->Help!!

clariveros
10-14-2004, 02:26 PM
Hello,
I have a 2001 4.3 Blazer, 2 door stick-shift. I have been experiencing problem with the engine, the Idle speed has been ridicusly high, 3000-4000 RPMs (hot and cold). I changed the fuel filter and air filter, i used a bottle of fuel injector cleaner, all this was done while believing somethig was clogged and the engine was trying to compensate. None of the foremention solved the problem. now i think i have the problem narrowed down to the throttle body being stuck, this is because when i fidget with it temporarily fixes the problem at start up (hot or cold). I am thinking the unit is self might be causing the problem, can i fix this problem by adjusting something or any other help would be great, thanks to all.

clariveros
10-15-2004, 10:12 AM
In case any of you want to know i fixed the problem yesterday, it appears that the throttle body had some sort of restrictor plate behind the flap, well this plate had become warped and damaged and eventually made the throtle body get stuck open. and this i found to be the cause of the problem. once i removed this small piece of metal the car runs like new, of course i also replaced a bunch of parts that would also help

Add your comment to this topic!