Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Scion xA Potential

ichbinenteli
10-14-2004, 01:12 PM
I've been doing some research on the Scion xA. For the price it seems like a very reasonable buy, but what is the potential for upgrades?

I'll obviously be going for the manual tranny and I'm going to have the Cold Air Induction installed on it as well as Hotchkis Front Strut Tie Rod to help boost the 108hp. Also I'll be putting in performance plugs, wires, air filter, and perhaps a Motech exhaust... but are there any other things you all have tried to boost the performance of the xA?

Mille grazie in anticipo,

-Dave-

TRD Xiao89
11-02-2004, 07:57 PM
I was reasearching the xA and the xB too. yes they are a very good buy for the value, but if you want performance dont go here! it uses the same engine as the echo. get a mr-2 or somthing for that money. If you still wana go down this road go here http://www.scionlife.com/forums/. very good site to get an idea on what aftermarket support the scion has. i believe blitz is or has a turbo for the engine but im not sure. haha well anyways go to the site. its the best scion forum i'v seen so far.

NerveAgent
12-16-2004, 04:01 AM
The xA is a light car @
Curb Weight Manual 2340
Curb Weight Auto 2380
so you don't need too much power to make it fast.
If you're looking for real power potential you won't get it with basic bolt-on's. You'll need FI.
I'd say work the internals and turbo it.

rollhard
08-04-2006, 02:37 PM
I have a turbo XB making 140whp so if you have any questions let me know. As far as cold air intake, they dont do much.

jwaj2002
08-04-2006, 11:07 PM
what all have you done to your xB and how much did it cost... and more importantly is the warranty still good?

rollhard
08-07-2006, 12:58 PM
what all have you done to your xB and how much did it cost... and more importantly is the warranty still good?

Im not too concerned about the warranty because its a Toyota. I have never had any problems with any of the Toyotas I have owned. Anyhow, I assume that engine warranty is out of the question as well as the transmission because I went FI. Everything else should not have voided the warranty. Total I have spent so far is still under $3k

joshcox86
01-01-2008, 09:13 PM
im in the same boat with my xa, i have the TRD performance clutch, AEM cold air intake and a DC Sports front strut bar, the blitz system mentioned is a supercharger and it seems to be pretty nice. i figured since the car isnt buitl for speed i would just beef up the suspension, thats my next task.

Add your comment to this topic!