Fuel Pressure Regulator

10-14-2004, 01:31 PM

i have a 1998 Jimmy and it always has a hard time starting in the morning or if it sits for over and hour or so, otherwise it starts fine.

My mechanic suggested to check the fuel pressure regulator first, since the part was cheaper, but he's not exactly sure where it is and I don't want to pay him to fish for it....can someone tell me where it's located?

Thanks in advance!


10-14-2004, 01:47 PM
..Oh and it is a fuel injected Vortec engine 4.3L 4x4

10-16-2004, 06:51 PM
It's located under the top manifold that has vortec written on it.

10-22-2004, 07:55 PM
if you have centrel port fuel injection it is intergrated with the injection system and cost about 300-500.00

10-23-2004, 04:09 PM
You can replace the FPR itself on the injector, but I don't recommend it.

Oh boy, this is not good.

If you can smell gas, you have a leak.

Also, is your fuel smelling like gas and is thin? Is the oil level high?

Here is a link where you can see where the gas has washed the inside.


Here is mine when I swapped mine out. See the passenger side where the fuel has washed it gold.


Get a new upper plenum gasket when you do this. You might want to have a new injector and fuel line kit (called a nut kit) so you can swap it out.

Buy the CPI injector off of ebay and the nut kit from your local dealer.

Also, get this fixed ASAP or it will kill your cat and blow your engine if the fuel thins your oil too much and you blow your lower end.

Add your comment to this topic!