Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

High mileage problems?

night_flux
10-13-2004, 11:46 PM
I'm considering getting a EuroVan as my next car and I have a question that hopefully someone will be able to answer. Has anyone experienced or known any problems on higher mileage vans?

I was looking at one from a local dealer that had 104k on it, and I'm wondering if there are things that I should look out for in high mileage vans. I know that in high mileage cars that things can tend to wear out or electrical systems can malfunction (my Thunderbird has almost 300k on it and is still running) but I know that those things can be avoided/minimized with proper care.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

harley01564
03-28-2005, 12:24 PM
I have a 2000 eurovan and have been driving it since it had 13000 on it. It now has almost 95000 and I can't say that I would recommend anyone buying one. I will probably never own another one. They are very expensive to maintain and parts as simple as rear brake pads have proven to be difficult to locate. Try to get an oil chnage, the quick lube places won't touch it, I have always done my own(not by choice). The tires are only found at a few chosen manufactures, which gives you little choice in what you run. The one and only real plus I can say about it is that it has no competiton as for as passenger and cargo space. I would be happy to tell more if you ask. Good Luck!!!

veedubmechanic
03-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Plus there a bioch to work on.

03JettaTDI75K
08-04-2005, 03:07 PM
I have recently purchased a '93 Eurovan with an automatic Trans. This van had 169000 on it when I bought it. It now has 171000 (after two weeks) So far I have nothing but good things to say about it. It is going in for tires tomorrow (I had no problems locating them) It does however have a slight rattling problem when idling at a stop sign (In Drive with the break on). But as far as the electrical system goes everything is in perfect working order.

Hope this helps.

Add your comment to this topic!