Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

A Hybrid 300ZX

Nismo_Man92354
10-13-2004, 10:36 PM
My Brother owns a Non-turbo 300ZX. He doesn't want to go through the trouble of importing a skyline and doing all the legalizing. Instead he wants to make it a hybrid 300ZX. I Heard you can put a RB25DET Motor and Transmission in a Twin Turbo 300ZX. Is it possible to put a Motor and Transmission in a Non-Turbo 300ZX? If possible how much would the cost be and what are the Advantages and Disadvantages be???

RazorGTR
10-13-2004, 10:56 PM
My Brother owns a Non-turbo 300ZX. He doesn't want to go through the trouble of importing a skyline and doing all the legalizing. Instead he wants to make it a hybrid 300ZX. I Heard you can put a RB25DET Motor and Transmission in a Twin Turbo 300ZX. Is it possible to put a Motor and Transmission in a Non-Turbo 300ZX? If possible how much would the cost be and what are the Advantages and Disadvantages be???

Yep and it's been done with an RB26 motor. There shouldn't be any difference in the actual body it is the motor mounts, trans mounts, ecu, looms, and fuel system. How much, sorry wouldn't have a clue but suffice to say not cheap.

Nismo_Man92354
10-13-2004, 11:10 PM
So i need to change the motor and transmission mounts,ECU,wire looms,and the fuel system?But from what model, the Skyline or a Twin Turbo 300ZX?

nismo_power
10-14-2004, 10:14 PM
So i need to change the motor and transmission mounts,ECU,wire looms,and the fuel system?But from what model, the Skyline or a Twin Turbo 300ZX?

the rb25/26 drive shaft should mate with the 300zx TT yolk pretty easily. youll also need the ECU from the car that the rb25/26 came out of, and as far as the fuel system goes, i dont really know. custom fab work? it shouldnt be toooo expensive, but it would probably be in the area of 7-9 grand if you get a GT-R front clip which usually go for around 5 grand on ebay.

but...unless the only reason he wanted the 2-6 was for a stronger block...the TT 300zx's were also putting out 276 horses as the wheels if i am not mistaken (dont know exactly, so dont hold me to it), i would suggest just pulling the turbos off a used/junked 300.

Add your comment to this topic!