Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

#6 fuse keeps blowing on 2000 Excursion

duneswest
10-13-2004, 08:28 PM
#6 fuse runs overhead computer, turn signals, rear a/c and back up lights. I replaced it with 15 amp fuse and after a few days it blows again. There is no rhyme or reason when it blows. You can run signal, rear a/c all day long and it won't blow. Then all of a sudden it goes out. Sometimes when the a/c, back up lights and signals are off.

The manual says a 15 amp is the proper fuse. Could it be they spec out a fuse too low in amps?

Any suggestions?

rivguy
10-15-2004, 12:37 PM
do you have signal mirrors?

duneswest
10-17-2004, 04:21 PM
No signal mirrors.

It seem the problem started after we had the passenger side power window replaced due to a break in. This is the window on the middle seat. The window was changed out and the fuse was blown after we got the car back. I thought it was something simple like a fuse so I did not take it back to the shop. But it obviously is more than a bad fuse.

paulshort67
07-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Did you ever find out what the problem was with the fuse? in your excursion the number 6 fuse

danielsatur
07-24-2012, 08:39 PM
How doe's the window work?
Even though other circuits are not being used, the control module + sensors demand power.

If there's 3- circuits to a fuse, try isolating 1 or 2 of the circuits out of loop by a disconnect!

12volts/15 amp fuse = .8 ohms

kklgpadgett
08-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Sounds like a short in wiring. Pull panel on the door the window was replaced. also follow the wire by wire color to the fuse and disconet on on end check with tester.

Add your comment to this topic!