Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Wiring Diagram for Window/Door Lock Switch

gign
10-13-2004, 12:11 PM
Hey im looking for a Wiring Diagram for my driver side Window/Door Lock Switch. I didn't see one in the chilton manual but maybe I just missed it. Thanks for any help, as my window doesn't work and we're trying to figure out what is causing the problem because we're pretty confident its not the motor.
Thanks

gign
10-16-2004, 02:04 PM
i found the wire diagram but heres my problem:
So my driver power window died the other day in my 93 mustang, just stopped going up. The day after the passenger 1 stopped working from the passenger side switch but I could still control it from the driver side. Atm I'm not to worried about the passenger side one because I can still at least control it, but I'd like to fix the passenger one because there is about an inch or more it has to be rolled up to be completely closed and want to fix it before the rain comes. I've taken off my door panel and one wire is not connected, its a red one at the bottom of the switch, but I believe it to be the power window lock because that's never worked.

Originally I thought it was my switch because I didn't notice a decrease in amps in my car when I pressed the switch, but i did some tests with multimeter today and the wire has continuity and i get 12v when i press the switch, so does that mean it's the motor or would i have to check the harness that plugs into the motor to see if that gets 12v before i could make any assumptions.

tyaquint
02-07-2005, 02:20 PM
hello, do u have the wiring digram for the door? i need it if you could help me out, thanks

Add your comment to this topic!