302 bored 30 over

Adhesive STP
10-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Someone is selling a 302 and its bored 30 over, what would that change the cubic inch to from the original 302 for $150. Another question... how much does it cost to get your engine bored over? sorry if these are retartded questions I just start getting into cars and mustangs not to long back so im still learning.

StangNut86
10-12-2004, 11:20 PM
to have your block hot-tanked(cleaned), magnafluxed(checked for cracks) and bored will cost about $250 depending on where you go. you also need to give it new freeze plugs and cam bearings, which is about another 50.

a stock 302 bored .030 over results in 306 cubic inches.

rangerboy
10-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Someone is selling a 302 and its bored 30 over, what would that change the cubic inch to from the original 302 for $150. Another question... how much does it cost to get your engine bored over? sorry if these are retartded questions I just start getting into cars and mustangs not to long back so im still learning.

OK, im not trying to tell you what to do or anything man but boring your engine over isnt really worth it in my opinion, those thousenths of an inch really arent that much, and if you drop a valve and scratch your cylendar wall...then thats that much less room you have to work with.

91notchback
10-19-2004, 02:57 PM
OK, im not trying to tell you what to do or anything man but boring your engine over isnt really worth it in my opinion, those thousenths of an inch really arent that much, and if you drop a valve and scratch your cylendar wall...then thats that much less room you have to work with.

i totaly agree

GTStang
10-19-2004, 04:24 PM

I agree but it's not a big deal to me stock 302 blocks are a dime a dozen. Ruin one go get another for $50-100 bucks

Adhesive STP
10-19-2004, 09:51 PM
so how much horsepower would I gain though if I was to bore it over to a 331 or a 347 , i know that could vary depending on the stroker kit but what should I least expect?

Korbin
11-01-2004, 12:37 PM
You're going to have to give us more info. What heads are running? Cam? Intake, throttle body size, MAF size, exhaust? Makes all the difference. just going up a few cubes isn't going to significantly change HP or torque.

Add your comment to this topic!