Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Main. Req.

mapy8686
10-12-2004, 09:50 PM
Im back again I noticed before I changed my oil the maintenance required light came on and I was sure that I needed to change the oil because its been 3000 miles after I changed it, the light still remains on can any one explain this? and what might the problem be?

mapy8686
10-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Omost forgot info on my teg...
95 auto LS... help!

gsr916
10-12-2004, 10:07 PM
dont worry about that maintenance light it comes on automatically after so many miles. I think like after 3000 it blinks for 10 seconds when u start it, and after 1000 more (off the top of my head i) it stays on for a while. It is just for people who follow the scheduled maintenance in their owners manual. Under the steering wheel kinda to the right there is a button that they use to reset that light. Ive done it a couple of times although ive never memorized the exact routine, i think i held it in for a while then started the car while holding it and then when i restarted it the maintenance light wasnt on anymore. If your like me you change your oil when YOU know its time, not when some light signals some maintenance is in order

mapy8686
10-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Thx I was wondering bout this problem... LOL im suicidal KILL ME!

CivicSpoon
10-13-2004, 12:57 AM
maintenance required means its probably time for an engine rebuild
Moron.

B1SiR6A
10-13-2004, 02:50 AM
lmao

EddieBrock
10-13-2004, 01:59 PM
If your car is an integra 98-001, you will have this button. I assume it is an integra because you asked the question in this forum. You can do it while your driving too. Put the car in nuetral and hold it down for like ten secs. Then beep your horn three times. The last part is optional.

CivicSpoon
10-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Why insult the guy. He could just be ignorant. When I say ignorant, I mean destitute of knowledge or education, or lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified. Not the ignorant used when some one is rude and abrasive.

Look, it's the guys first post, and you call him a moron. Let's all try to help educate the ignorant rather than assume they are all morons. In fact, I will have to check the rules, but I think your insult consitutes a warning of some sort, possibly even banning. Watch it buster.

I'm sorry but when you tell someone that when a light comes on you need to rebuild an engine, it shows stupidity. And if he really believes that then he has no right to answer a question here. And there has been a few people who have come on here lately who give false information to newbies on purpose and it needs to stop. And you're right it is his first post, and I'm pretty sure the next time he decides to make a stupid comment he'll think before he answers. And don't make threats little boy, go report my post I really don't care. I've been here long enough for the mods to know that I don't come on here to start trouble or to flame people. And don't tell me to watch it, you're the one who needs to watch it. So far it seems with the posts you've made that you're the one who isn't likely to be here for too long. And if I wanted your opinion I'll ask for it, other wise mind your damn business.

gsr916
10-13-2004, 02:55 PM
god damn lol

mapy8686
10-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Well not to burst your bubbles, but...

NO SHIT...

I knew that there was somethign wrong with the engine what I needed was maybe a common problem being with the engine so I can fix it myself...

You guys don't have to be asses...

CivicSpoon
10-14-2004, 05:38 PM
Well not to burst your bubbles, but...

NO SHIT...

I knew that there was somethign wrong with the engine what I needed was maybe a common problem being with the engine so I can fix it myself...

You guys don't have to be asses...
If you read the info from people on this thread that haven't been banned then you're understand that people are telling you that you're more than likely just getting the same light because you haven't reset it yet. Meaning there is probably nothing wrong at all, and you just need to reset the damn thing to get the light to go away. Unless there are any noticable problems (motor lagging, making noice, burning fluids) then just reset the light. And if there is something more noticably going on then you need to say something instead of having people guess what your problem might be.

CivicSpoon
10-14-2004, 06:52 PM
yeah there is no reason to get all snippy with the serious posters....we know what we're talking about
No...I was refering to you as the jackass who got banned for being a prick. Maybe people wouldn't get so damn confused if you'd just shut the fuck up and stay off the forum. mapy8686, don't listen to this tool. He gets his jollies by giving people the wrong information and posing as other members of the forum (Ace$nyper and tran_nsx).

mapy8686
10-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Chill guys I don't wanna be ruthless towards any one I don't wanna start a war, but I really need help finding the switch or button or what ever it is cause i checked and I couldn't find it maybe some 1 can take a picture and post it where ever that button you guys say is...?

Mannyb18b
10-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Its under the steering wheel column, its just a small button that you hold down for about 5 sec. dont need to do anything else

Add your comment to this topic!