Ignition Key

msjimmy_93
10-12-2004, 07:09 PM
If it isn't one thing, it is another. My ignition key is stuck in the column and I cannot turn my truck off!

We disconnected the battery and now it is sitting in back of the house. Is this a dealer issue or can a regular mechanic take care of this??????

Jimmyman
11-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Thats your first problem if you have problems with your Instument panel and your Transmission you need to have the ingition replaced. I'm am looking into seein if it ia a recall item or not going on my 2nd one.

msjimmy_93
11-08-2004, 06:30 PM
I rehabbed the instrument panel and replaced the ignition key cylinder. The trans I did about 2 years ago. I wish I could afford a new vehicle but, with 2 kids in college it is not doable right now.

Jimmyman
11-08-2004, 07:25 PM
I rehabbed the instrument panel and replaced the ignition key cylinder. The trans I did about 2 years ago. I wish I could afford a new vehicle but, with 2 kids in college it is not doable right now.
I know what you mean if I could do it again I wouldn't buy the Jimmy it is one of GMC f/u's

BlazerLT
11-09-2004, 12:01 AM
I know what you mean if I could do it again I wouldn't buy the Jimmy it is one of GMC f/u's

No , actually, they are one of the more reliable SUVs on the road.

Drive an explorer and you will be coming back for your Jimmy ASAP.

Jimmyman
11-09-2004, 03:58 PM
No , actually, they are one of the more reliable SUVs on the road.

Drive an explorer and you will be coming back for your Jimmy ASAP.
Yes that is true I am a chevy man And I owned enough fords that I would not buy another ford in my life time. But come on GMC should beable to come up with a fix so you don't have to replace Ignition Switches like you do brakes. It should not be part of your regular maint. They have some real brains working on these SUV's and this has been a on going problem that they should of fixed way before 1998.

BlazerLT
11-09-2004, 04:52 PM
True, but with all model of vehicles whether good or bad, they all have their defects.

SUV's have a good share of them because they are quite the complicated vehicles with the 4x4 and ABS and computer controlled everything nowadays.

Add your comment to this topic!