Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stuck CD Changer?

Surflongboards02
10-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Guys I got a 96 EB Ford Explorer 4 door. It has got the 6 disc changer in the center console and somehow the disc magazine got jammed b/c I pushed it down too far. How can I get it out without having to take it somewhere? Do I have to take the center console and center panels out? Any ideas? Appreciate the help.

alcorn1871
05-06-2005, 08:56 AM
If anybody has a response please do...

My husband stuck a cd in and I believe that the label made it too thick to load and eject. How do you pop the front off the 6 disc changer so I can pull it out. HELP!

2002 Explorer Limited

kayarbro
05-07-2005, 10:44 AM
This has also happened to me a couple of times. Depending on your mechanical know-how it's a pretty easy fix. You don't have to remove the center console. Take the armrest off. You'll have to pull the tissue/coin holder out.The cd changer sits in a plastic bracket. There's about 5 or so screws to remove. After you undo the screws the back will be free to raise first and you can pull the whole unit out. The hardest part is the plug. Be careful not to pull it so tight that you break the wires. Once you get the player out then remove it from the bracket.
At this point you can either start dismantling your changer or take it in. Unfortunately, there's no easy fix or magic button to push. I removed the outer cover to it and kinda fooled with it until the cd was either in the magazine or in the changer. I then took it back out and plugged it in (without installing it) and maybe I got lucky but it worked. I put it all back together and reinstalled it. This has only happened with homemade cd's. Good luck--Keith

joelo69
05-07-2005, 06:59 PM
mine did the same and there is a magic button to press. after the changer is removed look for atiny hole on the side and stick something inthere to eject the cartrigde

Add your comment to this topic!