Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Tahoe-A/C Swoosing noise

WhiteLT
10-11-2004, 11:50 PM
I have a 2004 Tahoe and under the dash on the passenger side there is a constant swooshing air noise when the A/C is on. It is coming from the passenger side under the dash. Does anyone know what that is and is it normal? It is very irritating especially when you are stopped and the radio is off.

Thanks

1regal
11-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Mine sounds like an old steam engine. Hopefully it's normal since no one has replied with other explanations. I've never heard an AC system on any other vehicle make the same kind of sound. It is annoying.

hepjo
11-10-2004, 09:34 PM
I have the same noise on my '04 Tahoe Z71 when the a/c is running. I took it to the dealer for scheduled maintainence a month ago and also had them check out this problem. They actually ordered and replaced a part (the service invoice says they replaced the blower motor) and said it was fixed. Within 10 minutes of driving away I heard the noise. I would be very interested in hearing if anyone has had and fixed this problem. It is very annoying.

ryderjames
11-10-2004, 10:55 PM
My 03 tahoe makes agroaning noise when the ac is on I took it to the dealer and the did something for about 6 hours and right when I turned it on it did it again. I came back later and compared the noise to a new o4 z71 tahoe and heard the same noise. The new 05's ac is run off a new system, some new electrical system that dosent put any drag on the motor. Oh by the way chevy says the ac noise is normal, just like the piston slap noise I here at start up is normal.

jefargrafx
11-15-2005, 09:47 AM
My 03 tahoe makes agroaning noise when the ac is on I took it to the dealer and the did something for about 6 hours and right when I turned it on it did it again. I came back later and compared the noise to a new o4 z71 tahoe and heard the same noise. The new 05's ac is run off a new system, some new electrical system that dosent put any drag on the motor. Oh by the way chevy says the ac noise is normal, just like the piston slap noise I here at start up is normal.
Great info guys, I just replaced my 97 with an 02 after my 97 was totaled in a headon.....nevertheless, it's got the new computer controled cabin temperture and if I put the unit on manual, "med - high" a groaning noise comes from the system. really bad, can't be normal, so I called around to find a replacement blower motor, 61.67 at carquest, but your note has me wondering if it's the blower motor?

Anyone ever have this problem?

let me know

Add your comment to this topic!