Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 Mountaineer CD Changer

SKNAUB
10-11-2004, 12:52 PM
97 Mountaineer Cd changer just quit working. Display on deck says "no cd" when of course there is. Went as far as to buy a new changer and the same thing is happening. Can I buy a new wiring harness that goes between the changer and deck?

Doug Rodrigues
11-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Sounds like a question for the parts department to look up. Don't know your answer but here is what I'd do. Since you'd have to disassemble the center consul anyway, it would be apparent what the wiring looks like. If the wiring just disappears into a larger wiring harness, I wouldn't mess with it. If it's a dedicated few wires from the CD player to the dashboard radio, I'd get that particular harness only. If a CD/Radio harness isn't available by itself, I'd get the schematic drawing for the wiring and replace each wire from the CD to the dashboard radio wiring and bypass any other harness. It would probably be about 8 or 10 color coded wires total. So it doesn't look like the original. So what. Nobody's going to see it anyway. Oh yeah, use crimp-on wire connectors, not just electrical tape to patch-in the new wiring to the plug at both the CD player and the radio.

Add your comment to this topic!