Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2500Ram V10 4WD brakes pull

llmpe
10-10-2004, 01:20 PM
I've had this pickup for 4 years and have never gotten it to brake straight. I have had the dealer replace the track arms, tried several brands of caliper discs, fooled around with spacers, etc. Any ideas?

fredjacksonsan
10-11-2004, 12:17 PM
I imagine you've tried replacing the calipers. Does it always pull to the same side? If so, you may be able to install some sort of brake proportioning valve to even out the pressure. Just a thought. Also, my brother's 99 V10 did the same, I'll check with him to see what fix he used....

llmpe
10-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Thanks. Yes I replaced the calipers several times. Found that ones from NAPA seemed to solve the problem and I sort of forgot about it for the last couple of years, then all of a sudden, it was BACK. Calipers still look to be in good shape as well as the rotors.

fredjacksonsan
10-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Very odd....I guess alignment is right on; maybe it IS the calipers....my brother hasn't responded yet about his 2500, once he does I'll post back here and let you know if there's anything significant.

fredjacksonsan
10-17-2004, 07:59 AM
Finally talked to my brother. He had the exact same thing, his pulled always to the right. He replaced the calipers, said that fixed it for awhile, then it came back, then finally went away again. The only thing we could think of was that maybe there were some impurities in the lines, but he said that he bled the lines. So, guess it's a mystery.

If changing the calipers helped, maybe it's time to do so again??

Good luck with it, we ran out of options talking about it.

Add your comment to this topic!