Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 camry wont crank up

rheyx
10-10-2004, 12:34 PM
i got a 93 camry 4 cylinder 2.2 that wont crank.when i try to turn the keys on my clock and radio dies but i still have lights on the dashboard. i have check my batery and starter at autozone both are ok. do anyone got idea whats causing the problem?

don24mac
10-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Be sure the battery terminals are very clean and tight. Remove the connectors from the positive and negative posts (negative post first) on the battery and clean and then re-connect and re-tighten them. Also follow the negative/grounding wire from the battery to where it connects to the body/engine, and clean and re-tighten those connections. Then try starting it again.

rheyx
10-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Be sure the battery terminals are very clean and tight. Remove the connectors from the positive and negative posts (negative post first) on the battery and clean and then re-connect and re-tighten them. Also follow the negative/grounding wire from the battery to where it connects to the body/engine, and clean and re-tighten those connections. Then try starting it again.

i already tried that thanks for the help. really appreciate the help. i thinks i have an alarm problem in here. when i reconnect the batery the alarm goes on. looks its an OEM alarm .. how do i disable the alarm?

Brian R.
10-10-2004, 06:46 PM
1st. check your starter relay (box behind battery)

2nd. Check your ground connection on the engine for the negative battery terminal.

rheyx
10-10-2004, 10:20 PM
1st. check your starter relay (box behind battery)

2nd. Check your ground connection on the engine for the negative battery terminal.

i already did but still no crank

gelcol
10-13-2004, 09:04 AM
go to pep boys 4 diagnose

nipsirc
10-13-2004, 09:12 AM
you are right about the alarm. If it is engage, it would disable the car.

I am assuming that you don't have the remote control for the alarm here. In that case, you must disengage the alarm by activating it on its valet mode.

You might find the valet switch underneath the driver's front leg area, right above the brake pedal on the console.

rheyx
10-13-2004, 07:11 PM
you are right about the alarm. If it is engage, it would disable the car.

I am assuming that you don't have the remote control for the alarm here. In that case, you must disengage the alarm by activating it on its valet mode.

You might find the valet switch underneath the driver's front leg area, right above the brake pedal on the console.

thanks dude it work , i got my camry running

Add your comment to this topic!