Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Turn signal issue

thesixs
10-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Our 94 Rodeo left turn signal is not functioning properly. Sometimes it flashes (too quickly) and sometimes you just get a high pitched electrical sound and no turn signal. The right functions properly. Also the headlight dimmer switch works perfectly fine. We have tried changing bulbs. Could this be the combination switch, or a short in a wire to left turn only??????

This is our second Rodeo. Our first is a 92 with 247K- still runs like a top
:) but the body is shot :( The 94 has 127K LOVE THEM RODEOS!!

86TATpi
10-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Where is the electical sound coming from?

rodeo02
10-10-2004, 04:57 AM
I'd bet it's the combo switch. They take a beating over time. I don't think they are too difficult to r/r on these trucks.
G/luck
Joel

thesixs
10-10-2004, 11:22 AM
I am not sure where the sound is coming from. Possilbly the steering column. It is a buzzing instead of the normal turn signal clicking. Also, in case it makes any difference, the turn signal indicator light on the dash does not light on the left when the signal works or does not work. The right and four ways are fine. Thanks!

86TATpi
10-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Most likely the switch in the steering column.

KAndrewL
10-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Mine buzzes too if I push it down slowly. A good sharp push and it happens less. I am pretty sure its the switch in the steering colum. When I got the car it did not work at all, but I found a wire in the steering column assembly that had broken away from its solder. When I replaced and "ohmed" out the switch at the connector as the Haynes manual suggests, I noticed that a left had turn was a lot more resistive than a right hand turn. left hand was in the 40 ohms region I think (its been a while) while a right hander was next to nothing (0). Probably a dirty switch or something.

Andrew

2eyefishclaw
10-11-2004, 09:29 PM
you can take these apart and clean the contacts in them and they will work like new

Add your comment to this topic!