Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

on and off chk engine sign

hippo
10-08-2004, 11:56 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i posted a request on where i can find a repair manual for a JDM altezza (rs200z). but i don't think anyone can help me with that, so here is my problem, maybe one of you might have had the same problem and it was solved.

My chk engine sign goes on and off. when it is off it drive like any other good altezza, but when it goes on, the vvti (oil control valve) doesnt seem to work so it's driving as slow as my desiel pickup trucks.

So the mechanic had me change my vvti soleniods both of them. But the chk engine on and off continued. Oh the scanning with showed an p1656 ocv circuit malfunction code by the way.

So he checked for the electric wiring for short circuit, but he couldn't find anything. and he says in lac of documentation he could not check on the ecm.

what i don't get is, how can it go on and off. if something is not good shouldn't the check engine sign always be on?

i hope that someone here might help me. my car is parked in my garage for over 2 months now, and i really feel like shit driving my slow ass pickup truck.

Oh i'm in the carribean, and good mechanics are almost impossible to find. only 2 mechanics in this entire country had the equipment even to scan the altezza...

thx a ton in advance.

Add your comment to this topic!